Tank5890

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Before I got my G6 Lite, I was testing my Passcard with my old XG-Flash, which is supposedly a poorly made copy of the EZ-Flash (I used the EZ Software to put DS games on it). Download play worked with Puyo Pop Fever and Jump Superstars. There's nothing special about the original EZ-Flash (it predates the DS), so it has the usual problems with Mario Kart and the most first party games

But today I got my G6 Lite. I tried

Tetris, which some report to work on these forums
Break 'em All, a budget game I thought probably wouldn't have the protection
Puyo Pop Fever

All freeze on the Nintendo logo. Presumably this is a G6 problem since PPF doesn't work. I've yet to try Jump Superstars, but I assume it'll meet the same problem. I've not tried all of the G6's options yet (just no software reset, trim, DoFat) and won't be able to for a while, so are there any options known to cause Download Play to fail?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not a g6lite problem in general....unless there's something faulty with your unit. Usually download play has to do with the rsa encryption signature needed to download and it's the passme device that's @ fault.....flashme eliminates that because you do not need to receive a rsa signature when you're downloading from someone....I would try the latest software/firmware of g6 lite (4.3a) and try again with a different passme device.

Tank5890

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've done some more testing now. I've only been using 4.3A of the software/firmware (could downgrading possibly work?), and even using Safemode and NoTrim, it always freezes when the Nintendo logo fades out. I tested my XG-Flash once again, and it worked fine. I can't just use that because a) It's only 256Mbit and b) Some games (Tetris) don't work at all on it.

And unlike nunofgs, I haven't been able to get Tetris working with Download Play either.

I don't have any other PassMe/Nopass devices, and I'm not willing to try FlashMe when it seems the cart is at fault :-/

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can tell you that I play Tetris specifically with my gf all day long before using g6's with both units flashed....that's why I find it hard to believe the claim that it's the card's fault, unless it is truly defective. The more I read your post.....the more I am understanding that it's not a download play issue you're dealing with, you can't even start the rom itself on the g6? If that's the case I suggest you do a fresh low level format using the mptutil that came with your g6 lite and then do another normal fat(16) format of the g6 before using the u-disk manager. For games that you've listed in your post, I have had them all working flawlessly using no trim, dofat, and soft reset enabled. Maybe you are just unlucky with yet another defective cart. And as a side note, please make sure you follow the safe removal of devices in windows procedure when handling your g6....just as a precaution. Good luck.

Tank5890

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You misunderstood me, I can run all of the ROMs perfectly with DoFat, but no DS will recieve them with Download Play. This is with the G6 only. The Nintendo logo freezing is on the recieving console.

And yes, I'm following the safe removal feature and never plug/unplug the cart into the USB device while it's plugged into the PC.

outphase: Yes, I've read that, but like I've said, I've got them working with another, older cart with Download Play, and I don't have a single flashed DS. And so do others. Maybe it's possible that the G6 patching software ruins the working games further, hence why they still work with flashed DSs, in which case there IS no non-FlashMe fix.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, but like outphase says, it is really the RSA signature that's @ work here and hence the passme device @ fault....flashme works for all I've tested for sure....I see from the other post you have your own reasons for not going through with it and that is fine....it is slightly baffling that it works with the other cart apparently.....because everything you've described points to the passme device at fault. Nice to hear at least the g6lite is working fine in single player.

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyberdude,
No offense, but you are really being a bit stubborn here.

Outphase and the others (with Outphase giving you a nice link) clearly told you that it's a problem with the RSA signature, which the firmware looks for, and the passme device is at fault, since it does nothing to allow invalid RSA's to work, and the ONLY solution is to *flash* your DS. Yet, you don't want to do this and you STILL want to complain about download play not working.
Well, if you don't want to flash, that's up to you, but you really shouldn't be complaining about it, then. Your g6 is working just like it is supposed to.

That's like saying "I'm complaining because my car won't go 60 MPH", then someone asks you "have you tried pressing the gas a little harder? You aren't even halfway on the accelerator", then you reply " uh, I'm afraid to stress the engine by making it go 60 or faster". Well....(*DING*...)
lecture.gif

Note that other devices you had may work fine with download play for the EXACT SAME reason that flashme also works--I bet you they removed the RSA requirement. Which your passcard you're using now does *NOT* do. This has NOTHING to do with the G6 Lite.

Note that, for example, if you were using a flashed DS, and decided to boot with a passcard 3, you would once again have the problems with download play not working. (of course someone is going to say "WHY boot with a passcard when you flashed?". Because, a few recent games have problems running if booted on a flashed DS, easily fixable by just using your passcard again
smile.gif

(the only games so far which do this are the Japanese 0534 and 0535)

Also note that download play is no problem when dealing with retail carts only...

Tank5890

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cyberdude,
No offense, but you are really being a bit stubborn here.

...and you STILL want to complain about download play not working.I wasn't complaining. I personally think I was rather polite for someone who was pretty stressed the main reason they spent 96 Euros was void. I guess I was persistant though, and I apologise, and I'm (now) aware the only free solution is Flashme.

However
QUOTE said:
Note that other devices you had may work fine with download play for the EXACT SAME reason that flashme also works--I bet you they removed the RSA requirement. Which your passcard you're using now does *NOT* do. This has NOTHING to do with the G6 Lite.
I don't have any other PassMe/Nopass devices.
I've been using my Passcard 3 all the way. Passcard 3 + XG-Flash = Success. Passcard 3 + G6 Lite = Failure. Therefore - although FlashMe will fix the problem - either the G6 Lite or its software is at fault, especially since the XG-Flash predated the DS by years and can't possibly have a way to counter RSA.

Note that, for example, if you were using a flashed DS, and decided to boot with a passcard 3, you would once again have the problems with download play not working.
Uuh, I'd still have problems with the Passcard out. FAQ: How do I get Download Play to work? The reciever has to be flashed, not the host.

And the recievers are my friends' DSs, so it's not my decision. Flashing my DS will not fix anything unless I am playing in a group of two.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tetris DS Download play works fine with flashed DS using EZFlash 4 hosting and unflashed DS receiving.

G6 has problem?

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hope you feel as if your EZ4 purchase is justified now.

I do wish for once you add something productive outside of "The G6 can't do X. Noted." (read: "My EZ4 is better than yours because I bought it. Noted")

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: I was gonna say that. lol +1