Download DS compatibility problem?

FM_Wii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
This was something i was annoyed since i was a Kid. I don't know how this worked, but apparently, some friends' R4 had a game (Mario Party DS for example), that could load Download DS functions very well. BUT GUESS WHAT! When i download the rom and start playing in Download DS mode, either in R4 or TwilightMenu++/bootstrap, the game just freezes at the Nintendo logo in the other DS. Like, what the heck?! And this only happens with certain games, because others can load the Download Ds functions very well. Here are some of the games i'm having trouble with Download DS compatibility:

-Mario Party DS
-Mario Kart DS
-Super Mario 64 DS
-New Super Mario Bros
-Diddy Kong Racing DS (shitty remake, but who cares, i wanted to test it's compatibiity too)
-DK Jungle Climber (It did not freeze in my old R4, but i lost it so...)
-Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Not in R4)
-Metroid Prime Hunters (It stays in a White Screen)
-Super Monkey Ball: Touch & Roll (Not in R4)
-Tetris DS (White screen)
-Worms: Open Warfare [Sequel included] (Neither of them wanted to load)
-Yoshi Touch & Roll (Not in R4)
-Zoo Keeper (Not in R4)

I don't know if it's a problem in the R4/TwilightMenu++ version or firmware or whatever, or if it's a ROM dumping problem (I won't tell where i got the roms). I just want to play Mario Party DS with my little sister, but with this shit happening over and over, it becomes a problem

cimo95

Stupid troubleshooter
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This was something i was annoyed since i was a Kid. I don't know how this worked, but apparently, some friends' R4 had a game (Mario Party DS for example), that could load Download DS functions very well. BUT GUESS WHAT! When i download the rom and start playing in Download DS mode, either in R4 or TwilightMenu++/bootstrap, the game just freezes at the Nintendo logo in the other DS. Like, what the heck?! And this only happens with certain games, because others can load the Download Ds functions very well. Here are some of the games i'm having trouble with Download DS compatibility:

-Mario Party DS
-Mario Kart DS
-Super Mario 64 DS
-New Super Mario Bros
-Diddy Kong Racing DS (shitty remake, but who cares, i wanted to test it's compatibiity too)
-DK Jungle Climber (It did not freeze in my old R4, but i lost it so...)
-Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Not in R4)
-Metroid Prime Hunters (It stays in a White Screen)
-Super Monkey Ball: Touch & Roll (Not in R4)
-Tetris DS (White screen)
-Worms: Open Warfare [Sequel included] (Neither of them wanted to load)
-Yoshi Touch & Roll (Not in R4)
-Zoo Keeper (Not in R4)

I don't know if it's a problem in the R4/TwilightMenu++ version or firmware or whatever, or if it's a ROM dumping problem (I won't tell where i got the roms). I just want to play Mario Party DS with my little sister, but with this shit happening over and over, it becomes a problem
If i can say, its because you're using flashcart instead using actual catridge (me too, im using R4 so i know exactly)
(This often happen while using different consoles, like DSi for host, and NDS for other player).
(The downloaded 'software' will be stuck on black Nintendo logo, or if you can play them well, it'll be stuck at the middle of the race)
My friend has her own Japanese Mario Kart DS catridge and we can play them well and nothing happened, she use DSi XL, and i a NDS

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are some reasons as to why this can happen:

1. You trimmed your ROM. The only ROM trimmer, until a few months ago, that preserved enough data so that Download Play works was NDSTokyoTrim3. Nowadays GodMode9 and GodMode9i can both trim it fine, but it was only until a few months back that this wasn't the case.
2. Your ROMs are just corrupted.
3. Your TWiLight Menu++ and nds-bootstrap versions are out of date.
4. Your R4's kernel is just old and doesn't properly support these games yet. Depending on what flashcart it is, we might be able to update the kernel so it could properly allow playback of most games.

If you trimmed your ROMs in the past, I suggest dumping your ROMs again, this time without trimming, and see if that works. (This would also fix #2, should that have been the issue).

FM_Wii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
There are some reasons as to why this can happen:

1. You trimmed your ROM. The only ROM trimmer, until a few months ago, that preserved enough data so that Download Play works was NDSTokyoTrim3. Nowadays GodMode9 and GodMode9i can both trim it fine, but it was only until a few months back that this wasn't the case.
2. Your ROMs are just corrupted.
3. Your TWiLight Menu++ and nds-bootstrap versions are out of date.
4. Your R4's kernel is just old and doesn't properly support these games yet. Depending on what flashcart it is, we might be able to update the kernel so it could properly allow playback of most games.

If you trimmed your ROMs in the past, I suggest dumping your ROMs again, this time without trimming, and see if that works. (This would also fix #2, should that have been the issue).
Thanks, but eitherway, it might be a problem with the nds-bootstrap version, OR, it could be that some roms dumped are trimmed. I'll try both solutions if i can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands