Homebrew Official [Download] Decrypt9 - Open Source Decryption Tools (WIP)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 845,874
  • Replies 4,476
  • Likes 71

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
We actually have a pretty good readme, which isn't even that long. Specific information about the key files is still missing from it, but if you would have read the part about work folders, you would know as well. I'll add info about those keyfiles, but once that is in, I expect from everyone to do their homework for themselves.

Just for now: you can use both, root and work folder.

I read that readme as usual but as you underline it, no informations about key files at the moment. I did not know this was considered as an input file. (To me, an input file is a file that is going to be edited or decrypted but not a key, such as roms or whatever)

Anyway, thank you for your hard work, it's really appreciated. ;)

Last edited by Ekaitz,

Spoober

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Spoober: You can try this build and see if it makes a difference. This has updated low level routines:
http://workupload.com/file/i1w5hv6R
And yes, your hardware beeing at fault is one possibility, although the SysNAND -> EmuNAND clone fully working makes this look like it is not.

@bakterio:
I'll give you an explanation on what to do. In the meantime, make a backup of your EmuNAND and keep it in a safe place.
Thanks much for the alternate build, @d0k3. sorry to report that nothing changed. The dumps fail at the same points with that SD card.

Not sure where to go from here.

Important Update:
As it turns out, even though the SysNAND -> EmuNAND creation completes, the NAND itsself seems impossible to boot into (on the 32gb card at least, not going to extract and then inject onto the 16gb card in windows.) When I had previously injected a NAND manually into the card through Windows, it was bootable. This leads me to believe that the SD card is having problems with anything NAND related on my n3ds wholesale(even when it seems like it doesn't..). The card functioned normally for many backups/restores on my o3ds.

Actually, as it turns out it (the n3ds and homebrew apps) just have problems writing to the SD card period, regardless of the size of the file or the type of file. I'm able to copy a bunch of small files using Godmode9 from one directory to another, but with enough files, eventually, without fail, the card is unmounted. The same dismounting happened at similar points using another app, ORGANIZ3D.

I am still able to install games regardless of size, though. From the SD card, onto EmuNAND. Over the network works as well. (which is also writing to the sd card.. so wtf gives..) Maybe this is a general problem that you can't solve on your end, I have no idea, unless that other app uses similar methods.

Last edited by Spoober,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks much for the alternate build, @d0k3. sorry to report that nothing changed. The dumps fail at the same points with that SD card.

Not sure where to go from here.

Important Update:
As it turns out, even though the SysNAND -> EmuNAND creation completes, the NAND itsself seems impossible to boot into (on the 32gb card at least, not going to extract and then inject onto the 16gb card in windows.) When I had previously injected a NAND manually into the card through Windows, it was bootable. This leads me to believe that the SD card is having problems with anything NAND related on my n3ds wholesale(even when it seems like it doesn't..). The card functioned normally for many backups/restores on my o3ds.

Actually, as it turns out it (the n3ds and homebrew apps) just have problems writing to the SD card period, regardless of the size of the file or the type of file. I'm able to copy a bunch of small files using Godmode9 from one directory to another, but with enough files, eventually, without fail, the card is unmounted. The same dismounting happened at similar points using another app, ORGANIZ3D.

I am still able to install games regardless of size, though. From the SD card, onto EmuNAND. Over the network works as well. (which is also writing to the sd card.. so wtf gives..) Maybe this is a general problem that you can't solve on your end, I have no idea, unless that other app uses similar methods.
Well, CIAs use Nintendo's own internal routines, there might be a difference with that. But, if you were able to reproduce this problem in ORGANIZ3D (which uses completely different file system routines, btw), then yes, this is a hardware issue. It worked fine with teh 16GB SD card, you say? Maybe this SD card / 3DS is just a unlucky combination?

00technocolor00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, what you're saying is that by using this I can play through the entirety of Fire Emblem Fates with King Garon always wearing a T-shirt that says 'fuck you' on it in big bold capital letters?
Shut up and take my money.

so what do I decrypt then re-encrypt off my sd card? Braindump and HANS dont seem to work with the digital copy of fates, plus Id just like to patch my copy directly so I can play the dlc and go online. I assume with every update and when I download the other two paths ill have to re decrypt the thing and re apply my edits but totally worth it. And for future refference how can I figure out what game is what on my sd card?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, what you're saying is that by using this I can play through the entirety of Fire Emblem Fates with King Garon always wearing a T-shirt that says 'fuck you' on it in big bold capital letters?
Shut up and take my money.

so what do I decrypt then re-encrypt off my sd card? Braindump and HANS dont seem to work with the digital copy of fates, plus Id just like to patch my copy directly so I can play the dlc and go online. I assume with every update and when I download the other two paths ill have to re decrypt the thing and re apply my edits but totally worth it. And for future refference how can I figure out what game is what on my sd card?
A google search for the title ids helps, and you can also use size to decide. Other than that, nope, there is no comfortable way of deciding which title is which.

00technocolor00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A google search for the title ids helps, and you can also use size to decide. Other than that, nope, there is no comfortable way of deciding which title is which.
Well luckely all the other digital games I have are quite small so Ill use that if I cant find the title ids. Thanks!
Edit: Oh, title ID was easy to find. I thought it was going to be generated differently for everyone based on your personal encryption code. Cool

Last edited by 00technocolor00,

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I don't actually have anything to decrypt at the moment, but I ran the selftest to see if anything failed.. from a9lh, using the 3-09 version.
nand_twl_key and ncch_7x_key show up as failed.
I have the four keys on my root, is this normal?
oLL, if it matters.

00technocolor00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Dump ticket.db failed!"
literally all I get when I try to dump ticket.db
actually I get that with anything else when I try and do a file dump from my sysNAND. No information why the dump failed, it just failed. Like trying to get that moveable.seed or title.db. :/

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, I don't actually have anything to decrypt at the moment, but I ran the selftest to see if anything failed.. from a9lh, using the 3-09 version.
nand_twl_key and ncch_7x_key show up as failed.
I have the four keys on my root, is this normal?
oLL, if it matters.
It's normal. The selftest checks those keys without setting them up. Otherwise we would fix the problem, then check if it is fixed - does not make much sense.

"Dump ticket.db failed!"
literally all I get when I try to dump ticket.db
actually I get that with anything else when I try and do a file dump from my sysNAND. No information why the dump failed, it just failed. Like trying to get that moveable.seed or title.db. :/
slot0x05keyY.bin, @00technocolor00, and please don't ask stuff that can be answered by just reading the readme file (first post and included in the release archive).

Reactions: pbanj and stl25

00technocolor00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slot0x05keyY.bin, @00technocolor00, and please don't ask stuff that can be answered by just reading the readme file (first post and included in the release archive).
Ive got that? Actually wasnt until after I added the slot0x05keyY.bin did I get no explanation for why it failed (Guess I accidentally deleted one of the 3 slot .bin things from my sd card at some point)

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ive got that? Actually wasnt until after I added the slot0x05keyY.bin did I get no explanation for why it failed (Guess I accidentally deleted one of the 3 slot .bin things from my sd card at some point)
Okay, alright... Get that file from somewhere else, maybe it is corrupted. The three other slot0x?? files have nothing to do with it. You can also try loading Decrypt9 from a entry point other than A9LH.

00technocolor00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, alright... Get that file from somewhere else, maybe it is corrupted. The three other slot0x?? files have nothing to do with it. You can also try loading Decrypt9 from a entry point other than A9LH.
Redownloaded the key and it worked fine. Really weird that the original file got corrupted considering I followed Plailect guide but okay sure (and I mentioned the other keys cus decrypt9 displayed finding 2 other keys, 0x03 a and y, and cus I didnt pay that close attention to the names I thought they were the same ones in my sd card root)
Thanks~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: 80s are the new 20s. +1