Hacking Homebrew downgrading questions

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
im gonna downgrade and unbrick my first psp's today so i want to know a few things before i start
when i downgrade a 3.71 psp using a self made jigkick battery and magic memory stick should i leave the incomplete 1.5fw as it is or should i update it to the official one?
and should i return the battery to normal afterwards or leave it as it is?
i know im gonna undo what i do to the memory card but im not sure if i should change the jigkick battery.
the psp is gonna be used for normal use afterwards though, so maybe that makes a difference

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
im gonna downgrade and unbrick my first psp's today so i want to know a few things before i start
when i downgrade a 3.71 psp using a self made jigkick battery and magic memory stick should i leave the incomplete 1.5fw as it is or should i update it to the official one?
and should i return the battery to normal afterwards or leave it as it is?
i know im gonna undo what i do to the memory card but im not sure if i should change the jigkick battery.
the psp is gonna be used for normal use afterwards though, so maybe that makes a difference

OK Kid, will try to help you:
Incomplete 1.5fw?, official one?. I truy suggest just update to 3.72 M33-2 or M33-3

QUOTE(xcalibur798 @ Nov 19 2007, 07:50 AM)and should i return the battery to normal afterwards or leave it as it is?
News flash, if you leave your battery as a jigkick, it will NOT work as usual (will enter the black menu). After making the downgrade, I would suggest:
- Install the 1.5Kernel patch v2 (PSP Phat only)
- Just after making the downgrade, back in the XMB, enter the Pandora battery maker and restore it.
- If you turned the PSP off, take out the battery and power on the PSP just using the DC plug, enter
- If you don't want to restore the battery, youll have to look for and install some PRXs that make the battery work as a normal one

I really think you cannot restore a battery using only a PSP Slim as it doesn't support the 1.5 Kernel (so it can't run the Pandora Creator program to restore it).

Good luck with your PSP!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy