downgrading questions

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by xcalibur, Nov 19, 2007.

1. xcalibur
    OP

xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

Jun 2, 2007
    Sacred Heart
    im gonna downgrade and unbrick my first psp's today so i want to know a few things before i start
    when i downgrade a 3.71 psp using a self made jigkick battery and magic memory stick should i leave the incomplete 1.5fw as it is or should i update it to the official one?
    and should i return the battery to normal afterwards or leave it as it is?
    i know im gonna undo what i do to the memory card but im not sure if i should change the jigkick battery.
    the psp is gonna be used for normal use afterwards though, so maybe that makes a difference

2. VVoltz

VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Nov 6, 2002
    USA
    News flash, if you leave your battery as a jigkick, it will NOT work as usual (will enter the black menu). After making the downgrade, I would suggest:
    - Install the 1.5Kernel patch v2 (PSP Phat only)
    - Just after making the downgrade, back in the XMB, enter the Pandora battery maker and restore it.
    - If you turned the PSP off, take out the battery and power on the PSP just using the DC plug, enter
    - If you don't want to restore the battery, youll have to look for and install some PRXs that make the battery work as a normal one

I really think you cannot restore a battery using only a PSP Slim as it doesn't support the 1.5 Kernel (so it can't run the Pandora Creator program to restore it).

Good luck with your PSP!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice