Hacking Downgrading & Installing A9LH

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, so I'm on the last step now (already got it back to 9.2.0) I'm on 'Section VI - Finalizing setup' it says to update my CFW SysNAND to the latest version using system settings does that mean to update it to 11.0.0? I just finished injecting the health and safety thing.
As long as you have A9LH installed, you can update using system settings and you won't lose anything.

Revoked

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As long as you have A9LH installed, you can update using system settings and you won't lose anything.

Thanks for the help. I think I'm finished now? I'm on 11.0.0, I have the homebrew launcher, FBI, and the Luma3DS updater on my home screen. I should be able to downgrade and hack my new 3DS now right? Also I think I have to do a system transfer from my old 3ds to my new 3ds when I hack it, I don't have a Nintendo ID on my old 3DS, but have one with games and whatnot on my new 3DS everything should be fine and I won't lose anything right? Also will I need my Sky3DS+ anymore after I hack my new 3DS? Or should I just insert the microsd into the back of the 3DS itself.

Again, thanks for all the help.

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the help. I think I'm finished now? I'm on 11.0.0, I have the homebrew launcher, FBI, and the Luma3DS updater on my home screen. I should be able to downgrade and hack my new 3DS now right? Also I think I have to do a system transfer from my old 3ds to my new 3ds when I hack it, I don't have a Nintendo ID on my old 3DS, but have one with games and whatnot on my new 3DS everything should be fine and I won't lose anything right? Also will I need my Sky3DS+ anymore after I hack my new 3DS? Or should I just insert the microsd into the back of the 3DS itself.

Again, thanks for all the help.
You don't need an ID on your old system, but you'll have to format your new system, so you'll lose save data that you haven't backed up and you'll permanently lose your Streetpass data and other data from system apps. Once you're done the downgrade on the new system, you should be able to log into your ID again and redownload all of your games. If you can't, you'll have to call Nintendo and come up with a reason for why your ID isn't on your system and they'll transfer it back. You won't need your sky3ds anymore after hacking it.

Revoked

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, thanks for the help. I don't really mind losing save data since I plan on replaying my games, I'll probably just backup Animal Crossing: NL since I spent around 50 or so hours on it. Wish I knew about this before I ordered my Sky3DS+ and Supercard DSTwo+, I've only put like 20 minutes into the Sky3DS+ and haven't used the DSTwo+ yet :P I probably won't do my New 3DS until tomorrow since I have to sleep in a few minutes. Is it fairly common that people are unable to log into their ID again after hacking their 3DS or should everything be fine provided I follow all the steps properly.

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, thanks for the help. I don't really mind losing save data since I plan on replaying my games, I'll probably just backup Animal Crossing: NL since I spent around 50 or so hours on it. Wish I knew about this before I ordered my Sky3DS+ and Supercard DSTwo+, I've only put like 20 minutes into the Sky3DS+ and haven't used the DSTwo+ yet :P I probably won't do my New 3DS until tomorrow since I have to sleep in a few minutes. Is it fairly common that people are unable to log into their ID again after hacking their 3DS or should everything be fine provided I follow all the steps properly.
I think it's mostly luck if you can log back in or not. The guide says to make a new ID on your hacked system, but there's a better chance of you being able to log back in if you don't use an ID at all.

Reactions: Revoked

Revoked

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, thanks for all the help. Hopefully everything goes fine tomorrow and I'm able to login to my ID :P Anyways, time for me to go to sleep since I have to get up in 6 hours.

Revoked

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually have 3x 3DS's (2 of them are New 3DS's) I only plan on hacking one of my New 3DS's, can I just system transfer to my other 3DS then use my old 3DS to downgrade my other New 3DS and hack it then after 7 days system transfer from my stock New 3DS to my hacked New 3DS? If I did that would everything also still be fine with the hack?

Edit: Both New 3DS's are currently on 11.0.0 also.

Revoked

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My NNID is currently on the New 3DS that I want to hack. My O3DS is already hacked already as well, I hacked that last night. So could I just system transfer from the New 3DS I want to hack to the New 3DS I'm leaving on stock then hack my New 3DS then after 7 days system transfer from my stock New 3DS to my hacked New 3DS?

Edit: Or can I not system transfer from a stock New 3DS to a hacked New 3DS?

Last edited by Revoked,

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My NNID is currently on the New 3DS that I want to hack. My O3DS is already hacked already as well, I hacked that last night. So could I just system transfer from the New 3DS I want to hack to the New 3DS I'm leaving on stock then hack my New 3DS then after 7 days system transfer from my stock New 3DS to my hacked New 3DS?

Edit: Or can I not system transfer from a stock New 3DS to a hacked New 3DS?
You should be able to transfer fine. The only problem is that Nintendo could release a new system update any day now, so after you transfer the new 3ds you want to hack to the one on stock firmware, you'll have to wait 7 days until you can transfer your old 3ds to the new one, so you just have to hope that Nintendo doesn't patch out Dsiware downgrading within those 7 days. Once you hack your new 3ds, you'll have to wait 7 more days to transfer the system on stock firmware to it, and that should work fine. You'll just have to inject FBI again and move the A9LH files to your SD card.

Revoked

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah. I didn't think about having to wait 7 days to transfer from my old 3ds to the new one. I mainly just don't want to have to call Nintendo :P

Revoked

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Am I able to format the N3DS I want to hack then do the downgrade, system transfer from my O3DS, etc. I read by formatting it'll remove the NNID without deleting the eshop purchases, etc. and can be re-linked to the same system again in the future or would I be unable to re-link it after hacking the 3DS? The O3DS shouldn't have an NNID on it, just the N3DS. Thanks for the help.

Thaulos

Trophies
XP
Country
Am I able to format the N3DS I want to hack then do the downgrade, system transfer from my O3DS, etc. I read by formatting it'll remove the NNID without deleting the eshop purchases, etc. and can be re-linked to the same system again in the future or would I be unable to re-link it after hacking the 3DS? The O3DS shouldn't have an NNID on it, just the N3DS. Thanks for the help.

You can format it safely but make sure you remember the login details for your NNID, the purchases will be redownloadable as they would be removed during the format. You should be able to link the 3ds

Revoked

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I think I'll just try doing that. I'll put all the games I bought off the eshop in a notepad so I don't forget them then format it. I'll probably end up doing it tomorrow since I only have around 2 hours before I'm going to sleep and that won't be enough time to do everything. Thanks for the help.

Revoked

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, after formatting I'll downgrade it since it's currently on 11.0.0 then install A9LH, etc. I already hacked my O3DS last night so I could hack my N3DS.

Revoked

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm about to start hacking my New 3DS. I have a Sky3DS+, can I just insert the SD card into there and hack the 3DS or do I have to remove the back of the 3DS and insert the SD card there when I'm downgrading and hacking it. I'll be using Plailect's guide to hack it like I did with my O3DS.

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm about to start hacking my New 3DS. I have a Sky3DS+, can I just insert the SD card into there and hack the 3DS or do I have to remove the back of the 3DS and insert the SD card there when I'm downgrading and hacking it. I'll be using Plailect's guide to hack it like I did with my O3DS.
You'll have to remove the back, and I'd suggest leaving the back off during the entire process because you'll have to copy files to your SD card a lot.

Revoked

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You'll have to remove the back, and I'd suggest leaving the back off during the entire process because you'll have to copy files to your SD card a lot.

Alright, thanks. I already formatted my 3DS so my NNID is already unlinked so after I hack it I should hopefully have no problems linking it again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [He will] only make $1.5 million per night after taxes. Poor guy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My stupid computer chair keeps slowly going down, but I don't notice it goes down, until I'm like reaching up to my desk. I just bought this f er last year.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Does Bruno Mars is gay?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    K3nv2 would know...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only for Bakers
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard he has a Wario fetish, but only if no Wizards are around.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    jk with you Bakerman, much love. fist bump.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He really knows how to kneed the dough
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Man. I can't wait til CTGP 8 comes out on Switch, been waiting forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Boners Makes me wanna play Duck Hunt NES
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pooping nice
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is a "Poop de Boop"? I've heard it mentioned several times now but have no idea and can't find anything online bout it. Is it a British term for restroom/bathroom or something?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It is a perfume
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do we have virgin islands if it's populated
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They should change the name to K3Nv2's Mom islands. (Or before he responds, My Wifeys Islands)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah me saying that's more predictable than you talking about my mom
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hence urewifes so predictable she'd buy every man on the virgin islands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or they buy her
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    true dat, on that note I'ma try go get some myself, peace!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess she doesn't need to be bought she has your money
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/-GDjDECLDG0?si=MNEjk8rkmioj1xE2