Hacking Downgrade Version Software

djultimate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi ,

I currently have an un-modded wii (no Chip) with the twighlight hack and homebrew channel installed.

My system version is 3.3.E , and i have been reading about this version is not so easy to recover in the result of it being bricked.

So i am thinking of downgrading the software to 3.2 ? , though am haveing a problem working out how to.

Can anyone help me do this ? or should i leave it as it is ?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Hexane26 said:
correction there is

STARFALL YAAAAAY
I don't see why someone without a chip would need starfall or downgrader. 3.3 - removes Trucha Bug, removes old TP hack. That's all. Only if you install a bad wad it seems be harder to unbrick your Wii (but really, it's not), but regardless of firmware you WILL need a modchip to do that.
So, no. You don't have reason to downgrade.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hexane26 said:
correction there is

STARFALL YAAAAAY

+1

Being able to autoboot Twilight Princess!

You must have the twilight hack save data to be able to launch any homebrew app to install/uninstall to fix any problem that is fixable via the Twilight Hack.

Plus its fun holding Y on the gamecube controller to launch Smash Bros. Brawl. No more having to use the wiimote / classic controller to select the disc channel when you can autoboot Brawl!

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did this myself a few hours ago. And since you don't have a chip(like I don't), then I recommend you downgrading, as you'll be able to recover from a brick from a bad wad on 3.2, with Starfall and the TP Hack installed.

So to downgrade to 3.2, get AnyRegion Changer. You'll see the option near the bottom of the menu to downgrade to 3.2(it took the process about 10 minutes to totally downgrade for me, it's very simple, make sure the Wii can connect to the internet).

After you get to 3.2, simply grab Starfall and install all the hacks on it(the hacks install pretty much instantly).

Then make sure you have the TP Hack on Wii.

And that's it. If you ever get bricked from a bad wad, just Hold Y down on a GC controller. And insert Twilight Princess into the Wii while the system is off. While you're inserting TP the game will autoboot, and you'll be able to uninstall the bad wad that bricked you with Wad Manager.

So yes, there is a point to downgrade to 3.2 if you don't have a chip. I personally debated for a couple days whether I wanted to downgrade. And now that I have I have no more fears about getting a brick from a bad wad.

dr99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this sounds like a good idea, but will games with the 3.3 update on the disk force you to upgrade before playing them?

Whats85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
noobwarrior7 said:
no, starfall blocks disc updates.

When Starfall blocks the update, will the game work without the update on the disc installed. In other words does a game with 3.3 update on it work with older system firmware (3.1E in my case)?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no games currently released "Need" the 3.3 update, and it is unlikely any ever will, the IOS's patched by 3.3 update aren't used widely by software.

dr99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will AnyRegion Changer not work anymore to downgrade from 3.3 to 3.2 since they patched all the ios' on nintendo's servers?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Boggot said:
dr99 said:
will AnyRegion Changer not work anymore to downgrade from 3.3 to 3.2 since they patched all the ios' on nintendo's servers?
is this true?

yes and no
yes : it won't work currently if you never happened to install a custom ios that has patches for ticket services...
no : it will not be long someone to find a workaround... already tweezers used another hole to install homebrew channel

elvis24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
I have a pal wii with 3.1e
I am running homebrew channel via the twp hack and have the back up loader channel 0.3 installed.
two questions
1 should I remove the originla 0.1 version on back up loader channel
2 - is there a need for me to update the firmware to 3.2e

cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)