Downgrade to 3.0.0 ?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by azoreseuropa, Dec 4, 2018.

1. azoreseuropa
    OP

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese 100%!
    I created this backup through ReinX while on 3.0.0 before I update to 5.1.0 with ChoiDX. Does that mean I can downgrade it to 3.0.0 with ChoiDX and disabled AutoRCm with Hekate and boot to OFW and I can use jig rcm to run ReiNX CFW no problem ? Thats what I am asking because I don't like autoRCM.

I was told:

So I need to know for sure. I know 3.0.0 is useless and many new games cannot played on it through CFW anyway. However, what about coldboot in the future ? Thats why I want to know.

Last edited by azoreseuropa, Dec 4, 2018
  2. azoreseuropa
    This message by azoreseuropa has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Dec 5, 2018, Reason: bumping.
    Dec 4, 2018
  3. azoreseuropa
    OP

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Never mind. Someone helped me out at Discord. Thanks anyway.

4. PikachuPro

PikachuPro Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Would love to know the story, I'm on 3.0.0 and am hoping for coldboot as well

5. smf

smf GBAtemp Addict

Feb 23, 2009
    Basically if you disable autorcm then no, you will not be able to downgrade

6. azoreseuropa
    OP

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    I know that. After downgrade with autorcm on then hekate can disabled it then do the clean NAND.

No, I am talking about downgrade so 3.0.0-4.1.0 can be coldboot in the near future. :)

PikachuPro likes this.
  7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It works just fine, but you need to make sure you've never booted into higher FW OFW and burned the fuses (there is a way to check the number of fuses burnt)
    Cartridge slot may not work though, depends on if you've been diligently using the nogc.kip.

PikachuPro likes this.