Hacking Downgrade service?

giga502

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this downgrade service only work if you have your 4.5 nand bin?

I'm asking if this can be done to my own 3DS to downgrade from a prior version, having not used any sort of flash cart before.

RachelB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this downgrade service only work if you have your 4.5 nand bin?

I'm asking if this can be done to my own 3DS to downgrade from a prior version, having not used any sort of flash cart before.
Yes. If you don't have a nand dump from your own system,it's currently impossible to downgrade.

Reactions: giga502

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is anyone in the EU doing the Mod? I'd be interested in protecting* my 3DS.

*Well, it's protected as long as I have the NAND backup since I can always mod it later, but still.

Icepotter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
With that mod, adding the micro-usb port to the case of the 3DS and soldering on that diagram that illicit has draw, is is possible to unlock the eMMC in case of a bricking happening because of gateway, and downgrade it using a NAND backup? if so, in case you do that mod are you technically safe from possible future bricks?
If the answer is yes, can you make a tutorial teaching how to do the mod, including the materials required to do it, and what are the steps that need to be taken?
Thank you

b17bomber

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how I can still use my circle pad pro XL too, it fits right below it!

I've asked about emmc, but he hasn't responded. I'm guessing you'd still need some other stuff. I plugged it into my computer to see what happens, and it did indeed ask if I wanted to format. I think it's as simple as reading and writing from win32diskimager.

sonic2756

Friendly Neighborhood Wolf
Trophies
Website
www.keenbrigade.com
XP
Country
United States
I love how I can still use my circle pad pro XL too, it fits right below it!

I've asked about emmc, but he hasn't responded. I'm guessing you'd still need some other stuff. I plugged it into my computer to see what happens, and it did indeed ask if I wanted to format. I think it's as simple as reading and writing from win32diskimager.

It was confirmed in some other post that it would. You just need a RasPi to do it.

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of cuiosity, how come the usb mini port is sticking out of the xl and others have it inside? Wouldnt it be better to have it inside to avoid annoyance while playing?

b17bomber

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's outside so you don't have to open the 3dsXL to dump the flash. It's kind of annoying at first, but you get used to it. And if you really wanted to it's pretty easy to remove.

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's outside so you don't have to open the 3dsXL to dump the flash. It's kind of annoying at first, but you get used to it. And if you really wanted to it's pretty easy to remove.
If I ask aliak11, could he make sure that it is a little inserted into the 3ds such as in this picture:

http://imgur.com/a/kZk36

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If any1 has the parts, microusb ports and micro to sd card, and send to me i would be willing to do it.
I'm just not interested in buying the parts myself and start an installation service or anything of the sorts, too lazy for that, but i'm willing to help out some users, for a small amount, if u have the parts and send to me.
I can even do the solderless mod that i posted on the nand flash thread if u also provide the pogo pins :ninja:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto