Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
We Can Now Downgrade Folks
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
Sadly it requires 2 3DS 1# on CFW and the other on stock firmware plus a game which costs around $6
Fieldrunners or Legends of Exidia

But at least we can downgrade
Yes I'm pretty sure that threads about this matter ALREADY exist and pretty much everyone knows about it as of now, either it is because of 3dshacks, plailect's guide or gbatemp

Last edited by Davidosky99,

Adryel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is it possible to get a CFW or easier method of Homebrew in the future for people who has 11.0?

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's unlikely that we'll have cfw on firmwares over 9.2(except with a9lh which is a different animal entirely). There are always entry points being worked on, so it's likely that something as easy as menuhax will pop up again eventually.

Adryel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's unlikely that we'll have cfw on firmwares over 9.2(except with a9lh which is a different animal entirely). There are always entry points being worked on, so it's likely that something as easy as menuhax will pop up again eventually.

if menuhax or something like that would appear and available for 11.0 does that mean I can use PKHex via menuhax? I'm really new to this sorry for having so many question

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone thats done this or knows... I plan on downgrading someones 3DS and I'll be using an old 3ds (a9lh) and 3ds xl (not hacked), both NNID linked, is there any way I can keep their nintendo 3ds folder (saves and all) after formatting their 3DS to unlink their nnids?

The guide mentions backing up all saves using JKSM and files on the 3ds, and later on restoring the files, yet it doesn't really specify if that includes the 3DS folder. I just always assumed after a format you could no longer use the contents of the Nintendo 3DS folder since it was linked to the previous ID and after formatting a nand it generates a new folder with a different ID completely so it was no longer possible to use the saves/contents of a previous folder.

If not is it possible to use something like decypt9? I heard it could decrypt the nintendo 3ds folder but I never bothered using it for that.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of all fairness, this is the first I've heard of it, though I'm frequently active here. lol

Then you haven't been paying attention to active threads over the last week. It's pretty much all that has been happening. I check this site 1-2 times a day and I noticed the 11 downgrade method, confirmed by Tux, almost a week ago.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i actually havent found any threads mention this, and i'm still looking. This is the first time i've seen it. Would have been nice to know earlier. I spent 60 extra bucks on a new new3ds instead of a refurbished one. And i have multiple friends running Cfw (thanks to me).

Reactions: Techo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.