bayer59

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello all,

I've tried to downgrade with all tutorial I found on Internet but when finally I succed in having all 8 lines in sysupdated, pressing Y does nothing.

I succeed 4 times to have those 8 lines and each time, I have wait around 30 minutes without any change on screen.

I used alternatively MenuHax, Oot3DHax and IronHax with hax 2.5 bêta. I have read somewhere that it's better tu use hax 2.1 but I didn't find where to donwload it. There is only 2.5 available.

I have a N3DS XL Majora's Mask edition.

Thans for your help !

bayer59

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello axemurder,

Do you talk about sysupdater ? Because I used the 0.4.2b, it's not the good one ?

bayer59

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, I've already test it but I have only a black screen, is it normal ? I have to try multiple times until I have options ?

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I've already test it but I have only a black screen, is it normal ? I have to try multiple times until I have options ?

You might have to try a number of times to get it to work. Some people recommend launching something like ftbrony, extiting it by hitting "B" twice, and than launching Sysupdater. Once you launch it, see a full menu, hit "Y" and see it actually start to downgrade, it worked. Might take a while.

If you get to the point of hitting "Y", always give it a minute or two before deciding it failed.

Last edited by Townsperson,

bayer59

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your help both of you !
Now, I have en error :)
titleException
main.cpp:148 : Result: 0xD900182F
Failed to get CIA file info !

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your help both of you !
Now, I have en error :)
titleException
main.cpp:148 : Result: 0xD900182F
Failed to get CIA file info !

Check the /updates folder on your 3ds. Does it contain only the .cia files from the update zip (No hidden files, extra files, etc.)?

bayer59

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, I have only .cia files. I precise that I've checked MD5 and SHA1 and it was correct. I will try ftbrony

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh god, it works !!! Many thanks :)

Now I have to search what to do ! I found only tutorial for o3DS, but nothing for N3DS ! What do you advise ?

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have only .cia files. I precise that I've checked MD5 and SHA1 and it was correct. I will try ftbrony

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh god, it works !!! Many thanks :)

Now I have to search what to do ! I found only tutorial for o3DS, but nothing for N3DS ! What do you advise ?

If you're at 9.2, you'll want to setup emunand (You can use Emunand9 for that) and install a CFW (rxtools, for example).

You can find many tutorials for that, but I'll do a quick search and see if I can link one here.

EDIT: Here you go: http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/

Reactions: Xenosaiga

bayer59

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello again !

Thanks for the link, I've done everything well but I've lost all games I had (like Pokemon Picross, Shuffle, all my GBA games ...), how can I restore them please ?

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
Trophies
XP
Country
Im having the same issue. Updates file only has cias. Any advice?
It just happens, keep trying until it works. If you've ever tried installing legit CIAs on 10.3, you'll be familiar with this process with FBI not starting. Same deal. If it freezes/blackscreens/fails to get cia info, exit back to HBL or restart and try again (and again and again) until it works. Formatting your SD might help (back it up first, then restore it after the format).

thegameksk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just happens, keep trying until it works. If you've ever tried installing legit CIAs on 10.3, you'll be familiar with this process with FBI not starting. Same deal. If it freezes/blackscreens/fails to get cia info, exit back to HBL or restart and try again (and again and again) until it works. Formatting your SD might help (back it up first, then restore it after the format).

By backing it up a simple copy and paste and then another copy and paste after downgrade is done?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Btw today at school I gave one of my cookies from my snack to the girl I like. +1