dohclude

OP
Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
I got a NTSC USA wii today to repair for someone. It does not have a chip installed, but was previously soft-modded. Well, the owner apparently installed the wrong update and somehow ended up with the PAL firmware on it, version 3.4E. I guess he also deleted the homebrew channel, because that is also gone now. The console only boots PAL discs now. Is it possible to get this thing back to a NTSC firmware and then downgrade back to 3.2, and if so what's the best way to do so? Should I tell him to try and get a PAL copy of Zelda Twilight so I can install HBC again, or should I just tell him to get a chip for it with region free capabilities?

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
He could always borrow it from someone off the internet, or he could get the game and change the games region with an app that i know does that (its a PC app not a hbc app)

dohclude

OP
Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
that would only work if he had a chip or a softmod currently installed... he has neither. I don't know why, but HBC is not on it anymore. Anyways, either way we go with a chip or an original twilight disc, would I need to use a "region switcher" app first and change it back to NTSC and then downgrade? or just downgrade and then switch regions? I've never had to do both at once so this could get a little tricky.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buy a mod chip that is what I'm gonna do cuz i was on 3.2j when my sis formated the memory.
it might cost a few bucks more but in the long run he can get more use out of a mod chip than 2 different region Zelda games.

dohclude

OP
Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
that's probably the route we'll go. Once I get the chip installed though where should I go from there? I'm planning on using the TP hack to install the HBC, once that's installed what apps should I use to change back to the NTSC system menu and/or downgrade back to 3.2U??? I'm just trying not to screw up his wii any worse than it already is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-