ROM Hack Downgrade 11.1

D

Deleted User

A) you can use the guide from any FW, it'll tell you where to start from per FW
and @frizouy unless you have a 2nd 3DS (if it's an N3DS you're hacking it must be an N3DS or an O3DS, if it's a O3DS it must be an O3DS) with CFW, then no

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Flora Cherry

I'm unhappy
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
i have
A) you can use the guide from any FW, it'll tell you where to start from per FW
and @frizouy unless you have a 2nd 3DS (if it's an N3DS you're hacking it must be an N3DS or an O3DS, if it's a O3DS it must be an O3DS) with CFW, then no
i have 5 3ds but all have a problème :( only 2 3ds work well but all is update to 11.1 U_U

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI, i can downgrade my 3ds 11.1 without hard mode?
ONLY way to downgrade on 11.0 and 11.1 is a hardmod or another 3ds thats already hacked. See here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/why-the-...simple-explanation-for-the-rest-of-us.441373/

So I dont need to start from the beginning of this guide? I need to start from part 3?

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9)
Nope, start on part 2. Also make sure that you update your existing apps with new ones used in the guide, such as Decrypt9, FBI, etc. Don't use outdated files!

cthompson80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha how funny... Don't listen to this troll just follow the guide and you will be safe trust me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can downgrade without it but it is not recommended. Just follow the guide and you will be safe

First I'm not a troll. I think it's the other way around. I was being honest because I done this myself. There wasn't any issues for myself on my o3dsXL with restoring my old sysnand. It's back on 11.0 without any issues. I used the same guide from Plailect to CFW my 3ds and install arm9loaderhax. What's the point of keeping a backup SysNAND if you have no intentions on ever using it? The OP can use whatever method. I'm just posting my own experiences. Please get the full details on the subject before automatically assuming someone as a troll. As you can tell from my posts count I'm far from troll. You on the other hand have trolled this forum 377 times as of this reply.

Last edited by cthompson80,

Renzo22

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
First I'm not a troll. I think it's the other way around. I was being honest because I done this myself. There wasn't any issues for myself on my o3dsXL with restoring my old sysnand. It's back on 11.0 without any issues. I used the same guide from Plailect to CFW my 3ds and install arm9loaderhax. What's the point of keeping a backup SysNAND if you have no intentions on ever using it? The OP can use whatever method. I'm just posting my own experiences. Please get the full details on the subject before automatically assuming someone as a troll. As you can tell from my posts count I'm far from troll. You on the other hand have trolled this forum 377 times as of this reply.

hey, why you downgrade to 11.0? any reason? because im thinking in update my luma3ds+arm9 to 11.1 but im not pretty sure (sorry if my english give you cancer)

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Even if you did somehow downgrade from 11.1 to 11.0 without hardmod or a9lh (which you can't) you still need a hardmod to downgrade 11.0. You can use the DSiWare exploit, but that requires you to do a system transfer, which requires updating to the latest firmware (11.1 currently). Please just stop.

Edit: Just realised I misunderstood the part where you used your o3ds to do this downgrade. My mistake. However, my 2nd point remains valid. Even if you downgrade to 11.0, you need to update before you can use the DSiWare exploit, due to a system transfer requiring you to be on the latest firmware. Since the exploit wasn't patched in 11.1, its pointless to downgrade.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold up. Let's get some things straight @Virdoo

A) You can install A9LH without losing any of your currently installed games, saves or CFW. So if you're worried about installing A9LH on your o3DS, don't be. It's very safe, it's only three steps (less if you're already hacked) and you never need to worry about messing your hack up and losing it.

B) How is your current o3DS set up right now? Is it running SysNAND 9.2 with an EmuNAND? Or some other setup?

C) The n3DS and n3DS XL you want to downgrade, do they already have any games or saves on them? If so you'll lose them since you cannot system transfer them to an o3DS. You can system transfer your o3DS to your n3DS and n3DS XL though.

Last edited by DocKlokMan,
Reactions: Virdoo

shorty_bobert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as you have two 3DS's and one of them is hacked AND has the DSiWare hack set up, you can downgrade. Just follow the guide. It is recommended that you put al9h on your 3DS, but not necessary.

ghost010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Even if you did somehow downgrade from 11.1 to 11.0 without hardmod or a9lh (which you can't) you still need a hardmod to downgrade 11.0. You can use the DSiWare exploit, but that requires you to do a system transfer, which requires updating to the latest firmware (11.1 currently). Please just stop.

Edit: Just realised I misunderstood the part where you used your o3ds to do this downgrade. My mistake. However, my 2nd point remains valid. Even if you downgrade to 11.0, you need to update before you can use the DSiWare exploit, due to a system transfer requiring you to be on the latest firmware. Since the exploit wasn't patched in 11.1, its pointless to downgrade.
Hold it! You do not have to upgrade to do a system Transfer. There is a way(inside the guide) to do a system transfer while not updating and bypassing the checks.

Whit that said. If I call Nintendo to transfer my nnid to an old(from a new) with CFW, can I transfer it back without problems, some posts(trough googling) say the source system gets banned... But I kinda don't buy that.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So I have installed A9LH and got few questions for it:

1) in this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax) I didn't followed section IV. Instead of it I used tutorial how to move redNand even if i'm using regular emunand. Is that allright? Emunand is working perfectly btw.

2)Also I couldn't complete section VI. I couldn't inject H&S app even if I followed guide really closely, but H&S works fine, I mean it opens FBI, so I guess there's also no need for that section in my case too, right?

3) Saves for my GBA games are gone, but rest of the games are working as they used to. Can I restore my old GBA save file? I didn't backed up it.

zezzo

The "Black Ace"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to downgrade my o3dsXL no problems just by restoring my 11.0.0-33U sysnand backup.

I'm sorry if I came out rude but you didnt detail that you installed A9LH. If you just restore your Sysnand backup without actually installing A9LH,you pretty much updated the 3ds to 11.0. The way you stated it made it seem like you were trolling. BTW, I don't troll the forum. I try my best to help people out.

Last edited by zezzo,

cthompson80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if I came out rude but you didnt detail that you installed A9LH. If you just restore your Sysnand backup without actually installing A9LH,you pretty much updated the 3ds to 11.0. The way you stated it made it seem like you were trolling. BTW, I don't troll the forum. I try my best to help people out.

It's understandable. I tend to have a bad habit of skipping details and getting to the point. I was more referring to the last question of the OP asking what would happen if he downgraded his o3ds since it does have Luma cfw.

No hard feelings I hope. I take back my troll statement of you. You seem very helpful. I recommend A9LH as you and most people have suggested. It's definitely worth it. I personally don't feel comfortable with updating to the latest firmware since I still want homebrew function without having to use a secondary exploit to access it. I took a chance and restored my 11.0 NAND and it worked. So that's all I was trying to point out is that it worked for me. Anyway, no worries on my end. We just had a simple misunderstanding. Peace!

Reactions: zezzo

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
correct me if im wrong but afaik the target system(unmoddified) does not have to be running latest firmware but the source(which has a9lh+luma3ds) has to be running 11.1..right?because you have to access eshop and install Fieldrunners and hack the savefile where you could do the DSiWare method in downgrading the target console that involves system transfer..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?