Doublechecking my work. Did I screw up?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by tufkal, Jun 25, 2009.

Jun 25, 2009
  1. tufkal
    OP

Newcomer tufkal Newbie

United States
    Well, this last weekend I decided to mod my Wii. After much searching online I got a hold of what I think is the right software, and set it up. Here's what I wanted.
    -Ability to play homebrew (especially emulators)
    -Ability to watch DVD movies
    -Ability to play backups

I have a 3.3u system menu, so i loaded a SD card with the bannerbomb exploit, and installed HBC, and DVDx. Then I added the Homebrew Browser manually to my SD card, which allowed me to add SNES9xGX and others. This accomplished 2/3 of what I wanted.

So then I installed cIOS36rev10, realized there was newer, so installed cIOS38rev13b over it. Then I got a hold of USB Loader GX, and Backup Launcher Gamma. Now I am all set, and I can do everything i want.

Heres my question....after reading some posts on here today, it seems i may have goofed in one or two places.
    1) Should I have done the downgrade process to 3.2? Or is 3.3u ok for what I am doing?
    2) Was the cIOS installs necessary? I'm reading USBLGX and BLG dont even need it (i thought they did).
    2b) Can I undo the cIOS installs?

2. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium

3. tufkal
    OP

Newcomer tufkal Newbie

United States
    Awesome, that makes me feel better.

Was it ok to do both cIOS installs? The newer one just overwrote the same stuff from the older one right?

4. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Yes it overwrote the old one
    No need to worry [​IMG]

5. tufkal
    OP

Newcomer tufkal Newbie

United States
    [​IMG] Thanks TJ

Thanks a million for the answers so far. I'll press my luck and ask another question (althought I think I know the answer based on searching posts).

I have some artifacting going on. It shows up on the main Wii Menu in one specific spot on the left side of the screen, it also shows up in the blue ocean wave animation all over when I launch the homebrew channel (not the button area tho), the split second when HBC is checking the SD card I see it all over, and sometimes in games randomly I see it all over.

I've read that this has to do with a GPU problem from WiiConnect 24/7 keeping things in suspend mode so much, but my Wii has had no WiFi til recently. And it didnt start until I installed the HBC. On YouTube tutorial videos, I see no pixels on the blue wave launch screen for HBC, and the grey screen with the small SD icon in the middle is just flat grey and not all checkered like mine.

Any idea?

6. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    No idea about that one, sorry
    Someone might answer it
    Or check google [​IMG]