Homebrew Double Layer or Single Layer Games

crislsizl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I was wondering if there is a list out there in the web, where i can see, if a game is a double or single layer game.
when using the dvd dumper, i am asked what kind of layer the game is and it would be really helpful to have a list (like the backup launcher compatibility list) to see what kind of layer each game has, so u dont rip the game in the wrong way

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brawl is the ONLY dual layer game out at the moment. (Perhaps there may be some obscure JP game however). The option for dumping dual layered games is to cater for any in the future. I doubt that Brawl will be the only dual layer game to come out for the wii.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Brawl is dual layer only because of the movies. Normal games just don't get that big. Because of the low resolution, textures aren't big, and there is no 5.1 digital surround sound so music tracks will stay small too. So I don't think we'll see that much dual layer games.

Fleeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i pretty sure the new tenchu game is a dvd9 4.45 GB zipped up i'm not sure what it is fully but thats still just the japanese version so you don't have to worry about that game until some time next year

Feburary 3rd to be exact

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fleeman, you do know that DVD's hold 4.7 gig's dont you and thats a higher number than 4.45.
smile.gif

Captin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Edgedancer said:
Fleeman, you do know that DVD's hold 4.7 gig's dont you and thats a higher number than 4.45.
smile.gif

4.37 GB = 4,699,979,776 bytes

DVD's dont actually hold 4.7 gigs, they hold 4,700,000,000 bytes which some people equate with 4.7Gb.

Try formatting a 500Gb hard drive and see that you get.

untitled.jpg

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Actually I suspect they will keep DL disk releases to a minimum. There are a lot of wii's out there that struggle to read DL media and these are wii's without modchips and no homebrew. Not to say it wont happen, but I have a feeling nintendo is smarter than to piss that many of their paying customers off.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmperorOfCanada said:
Actually I suspect they will keep DL disk releases to a minimum. There are a lot of wii's out there that struggle to read DL media and these are wii's without modchips and no homebrew. Not to say it wont happen, but I have a feeling nintendo is smarter than to piss that many of their paying customers off.

ARE YOU KIDDING?!?! If anything the Wii NEEDS more dual layered games. I'm tired of crappy ass game developers complaining about how in the Wii version of a game, they wasnt able to put in everything that the 360 version had. I call total bullshit on that. Had they been using DL disc on the Wii in the first place, Wii owners wouldn't be getting gyped in their ports. 360 games are on DL disc, why not Wii?! Wii ports should either be one of two things. 1) the same game as the other systems but with a lower resolution b/c of graphics or 2) a totally different creation of the same idea, in example, Shawn White Snowboarding and how it's totally different than the HD counterparts in not just game play but also in art direction.

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's your list -

Dual Layer:
Brawl

Single Layer:
Every oher wii game in existence

TADAH!
biggrin.gif
(50th post! W00T!!!!)

dan92

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
kedest is right, brawl is dual layer because of the movies, and ive seen that some wii's dont read them very well, and if its the only game that wii's cant ready rlly well im guessing it because its dual layer, however it can be something else and well, if they use dual layers im guessing they can put more cuality to the game.

mtrhd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DM357 said:
There's a few games out in england that are double later, EG brothers in arms
does anyone know how to burn brothers in arms so that it works?for some reason i can't get it to work on gamma.is it really dual layer.if so them why would the compatibility thread list it as working on gamma?

SirTempest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
my version of Brother in Arms: Earned in Blood is NOT on a dual layer disc. I back-upped my version with Rawdump 2.0 and it is burnt on a normal Verbatim DVD-R 4.7gb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: