DOTA 2 offline lan guide needed

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by megazero1x1, Jul 30, 2014.

1. megazero1x1
    OP

megazero1x1 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 16, 2011
    India
    Hi all
    For the past few days I have been desperately searching for a way to play dota 2 on lan with a few of my friends. But every thing I try fails.

If anyone knows how to to play dota 2 on lan without internet access please do post a noob friendly guide here.

Thank you

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Unfortunately, there's no way to have an OFFLINE LAN match at this time. You're required to connect to the DOTA 2 servers and authenticate various information in order to set up a LAN game.

Which is absolutely retarded, and practically removes the whole point of LAN, but yeah. No way to do so.

3. megazero1x1
    OP

megazero1x1 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 16, 2011
    India
    On the internet there are many guides where people setup a dedicated server and connect to it.
    Many have reported success but my attempts result in failure.
    Also some methods use a program called rev loader and smart steam emu to emulate a steam connection.
    Again I tried all of these methods and got varying levels of success but nothing worked to actually play the game on lan in offline mode

4. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    And all of those methods are over a year old, hence why they don't work 100%. DOTA 2 has updated many many times since then, as I said, at this time there's no way to do it.

5. megazero1x1
    OP

megazero1x1 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 16, 2011
    India
    OK thank you for the explanation.
    I really appreciate it.