Gaming DOS Games to Die For

  • Thread starter Thread starter skullstatue
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 38,107
  • Replies Replies 213
Legend of Kyrandia! Go for it. The first one had wonderful sounds, music, voice acting, and such beautiful artwork it was amazing for it's time. The two sequals are almost equally brilliant, albeit short, and the dry humor in the series makes them gems. Why hasn't anyone brought Kyrandia to a later generation of gaming???
 
all these retro lovers makes me start a topic or something about current indie adventure games, i'm sure atleast loads of ppl here dont know about them.
 
I didn't actually play many DOS games (I'm 15, leave it at that), but I really loved Bioforge, I played that game so much it wasn't even funny.
 
I'm too lazy to read the thread and someone has probably already mentioned this, but I'd say
Flashback

One of my favorite games ever, and great on DOS.
 
Jump Joe
Oregon trail.
An old kung fu game by broderbund...
frogger

most of these were on my 5.5 floppy capable computer =P
 
My list:
Chex Quest
Commander Keen 1-3
Commander Keen 4 and 5
Commander Keen 6
Commander Keen Dreams
Crystal Caves 1-3
Duke Nukum (Or Nukem)
Duke Nukem II
Duke Nukem 3D
Doom
Doom II
Lemmings
Lemmings 2
Monster Bash 1-3
Oregon Trail Deluxe
Plutonia Experiment
Quake
SCUMM Adventure Games (ALL)
Secret Agent
Spear of Destiny
TNT: Evilution
Wolfenstein 3d
 
There's a lot that have been mentioned that are great, but I thought I'd just add a few that might have also been mentioned but are sometimes overlooked:

Fuzzy's World
Dangerous Dave
Captain Comic
God of Thunder
Earthworm Jim (though the Win95 edition was better)
Brutal
 
oh there was another game with a little wizard guy that was a side scroller and he had to collect crystals or orbs or something and jump on frogs. apogee made it i believe.

You mean Hocus Pocus I think:
hocuspocus.png


I must say:

X-com: ufo defence / Enemy unknown
wub.gif

ufo2.gif


Abuse:
abuse_1.jpg


Stunts:
stunts1.gif


Sam 'n' Max!!!!!
wub.gif

Sam_and_Max.JPG


Kings Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow:
screen02.gif


This will have to do for now..
smile.gif

ENJOY!
 
I'm going with Sam and Max Hit the Road here.
wub.gif

Just bought it off of Amazon. Wonderful game with wonderful humor. We need more games like this.
 
All the Lucas' SCUMM Games
Ultima 6
Martian Dreams
Ultima 7 (and expansions)
Little Big Adventure
Raptor
X-COM 1 (and maaaaybe Apocalypse)
Fallout
The Colonel's Bequest
Warcraft 2
Alley Cat
Prince of Persia 1 and 2
Theme Hospital
Theme Park
Dungeon Keeper
Command and Conquer
The Incredible Machine
Wacky Wheels
Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri
Superfrog
Worms

biggrin.gif
 
Someone really should make a DOS game emulator for ds.
biggrin.gif

GPF_Error (the Duke Nukem 3D DS Guy) did it, but it was to unoptimized to work good (I swear I saw a screen of it running Wolfenstein 3d DOS)

Anyway, I'd die for:

Incredible Machine DS
Jazz Jack Rabbit
That Sorcerer Game I played when I was younger
All of the Hugos !
and all those wonderful FPS's and Puzzle Games.

I wished someone would bring out a DOS Emu for the Neo compo... *prays*

Hah... Dos were great times (even thought I didn't get too much of it)
grog.gif
 

Site & Scene News