Hacking DOP-IOS MOD Loves Bad Hash

gir489

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to update my IOS for my 4.2U wii. According to the version compares in DOP IOS MOD, they're several numbers behind.

When I try to update any of them, they always fail with Bad Hash.

Does DOP-IOS (Old one) v8 know how to use the most up to date NUS IOS?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which version of Dop-IOS MOD are you using? You make it sound like you are using Dop-IOS MOD 8 which would be just silly when Dop-IOS MOD 9 is available. If you are getting Bad Hash errors when using Dop-IOS MOD 9 then you need to double check your internet connection. The app is tested working by myself and numerous others.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
one of the older revs of dop ios (i think 8, but not sure) has broken sd support, its fixed later on... the best version is an mod made by giantpune, its on here somewhere if u want to search for it (it is based on rev 9 and adds a lot more functions, and it supports sd)

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually....

this one is currently the best one.

giantpune is now a part of the Dop-IOS MOD "team". there is one more fix set to come from him (at some point in the near future) before the official Dop-IOS MOD 10 is released by Arikado.

the one i linked to above was compiled by myself and is currently the newest rev from the googlecode svn

you're welcome and have a nice day
biggrin.gif

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Old8oy said:
Actually....

giantpune is now a part of the Dop-IOS MOD "team". there is one more fix set to come from him (at some point in the near future) before the official Dop-IOS MOD 10 is released by Arikado.

the one i linked to above was compiled by myself and is currently the newest rev from the googlecode svn

you're welcome and have a nice day
biggrin.gif

Have you fully tested your compile version ?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ofcourse.

every single thing works except for the "Install IOS that accepts fakesigning" via NUS server. loading the necessary wads from SD works perfectly though. that is the one issue giantpune is working on.

i have thoroughly tested every other aspect including, "Dop"ing multiple IOS (via network download), installing all available channels, installing various system menu versions, and deleting stub IOS.

I've written up a guide for it that can tentatively be found here.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Old8oy said:
ofcourse.

every single thing works except for the "Install IOS that accepts fakesigning" via NUS server. loading the necessary wads from SD works perfectly though. that is the one issue giantpune is working on.

i have thoroughly tested every other aspect including, "Dop"ing multiple IOS (via network download), installing all available channels, installing various system menu versions, and deleting stub IOS.

I've written up a guide for it that can tentatively be found here.

So, only your version works with the wad in SD ?

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
correct, except its not a wad file, it is the contents of an unpacked wad (saved in your 00000001 folder)

actually, both
i've fully tested this with wad files on my SD card for "Install IOS that accepts fakesigning" just as Old8oy has

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
xflak40 said:
i meant dop ios does not use wad files, they use the contents of unpacked wad files

u can install the wad and accomplish the same thing, but then u would be using wad manager

NO!!

Modded Dop-IOS mod DOES use the wad files, DIRECTLY ! (Just like TBR does)

You may try it if you don't believe.

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
xflak40 said:
i meant dop ios does not use wad files, they use the contents of unpacked wad files

u can install the wad and accomplish the same thing, but then u would be using wad manager

NO!!

Modded Dop-IOS mod DOES use the wad files, DIRECTLY ! (Just like TBR does)

You may try it if you don't believe.

Thank you TeenTin. You are, of course, very correct.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
excellent! To be honest I was suspecting I would hear a response like that but I still didn't know that little piece of info, that's awesome! I'm assuming the wad naming convention must be the same as the default name of wads downloaded from NUS Downloader?

I still may prefer storing unpacked files in the 0000001 folder, the root of my SD card is cluttered enough I'd rather not start saving more wads than I need to there, lol. But still really useful knowledge, thx!

m3xic4ndiy3i

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
QUOTE said:
Actually....

U are right Old8oy!! thats the best version at now....thnx!

i have problems with bad hash on ios 60 v6174 (now is solved).......and the easy way to "install an IOS that accept...." is back !! and the option to remove stubbed IOSs is now in a best place....this version is Ok.....thnx!!

one tip: delete ur 00000001/0000003C/v6174 folder and let Dop-IOS MOD download for u, this can solve bad hash problems on sd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?