DOOM Multiplayer Closed Alpha - Gameplay

The highly anticipated re-imagining of Doom just got a new Gameplay trailer along with some info about the closed Alpha taking place soon.

The first DOOM Closed Alpha begins Friday, October 23 at 12:01 ET and runs through Sunday, October 25 at 11:59 ET. Participants will square off in 6v6 Team Deathmatch on the Heatwave map. Using a limited arsenal of 6 weapons and 2 pieces of equipment, players can choose a pre-set loadout or customize their own loadout before jumping into arena-style combat in this industrial-themed map.

For a detailed Closed Alpha FAQ – including the specific weapons available in this particular test – please go to: https://www.doom.com/alpha/faq

Doom Launches Spring of 2016.

Reactions: EMP Knightmare

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't mind trying it.
EDIT:
Closed Alpha participants will be chosen from the people who have redeemed their DOOM Beta codes included with some physical retail copies of Wolfenstein: The New Order, and to those who pre-purchased or purchased the game digitally through May 26, 2014.

I guess I wont be playing the closed alpha. :sad:

Last edited by omgpwn666,
Reactions: Margen67

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
For me, this looks more like Unreal then DOOM....
It definitely does not, Unreal had a very gothic feel to it. This has more of a Doom 3/Quake 3 stylistic, but it's quite slow compared to any of the above. I actually think I like it this way, some matches in those oldies could get unnecessarily hectic, making "thinking on your feet" inferior to just going apeshit with the trigger. I can see how taking a chill pill would change gameplay dynamics here, making the game less about "twitching" and more about map memotization and strategy. I wanna try this, I'm optimistic, it seems like a new kind of an MP FPS experience while at the same time it has familiar roots.

Reactions: samiam144

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
What if Doom and Quake had a baby?

This game in concept almost feels like a Quake reboot, but they decided to call it "Doom" because of the familiarity its fans have with the franchise. The "moon base" plot even feels like they tried to reuse Quake's "Story"

redeemed my code so I wonder if i'll be picked

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't see how the Moon is any worse than Mars, what difference does it make? At the end of the day you're fighting demons. Also, let's not pretend that storytelling played any significant role in Doom or Quake aside from the "modern" installments, the point was always to shoot things in the face.

Reactions: omgpwn666

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you want it to die? Over the course of 24 years, it has only had 3 games in the main series, this will be the 4th. I feel like it hasn't run its course yet. lol
I mean all the homebrew ports that I've seen of it for every console has just worn it's welcome for me, personally

Reactions: omgpwn666

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-