'Doom Eternal' Nintendo Switch release date announced

DOOM Eternal.JPG
It's taken some time but DOOM Eternal is finally coming to the Nintendo Switch. This version was announced back in 2018 but while the PC, Xbox One and PS4 versions released in March 2020, the Switch version faced some delays. Even after Microsoft's acquisition of ZeniMax Media, the parent company of Bethesda Softworks and id Software, the Switch version was nowhere in sight; until today. Nintendo made the release date announcement via a new trailer released a few hours ago:

DOOM Eternal comes to Nintendo Switch next week on December 8. If you want an idea as to what to expect of the game before it releases, be sure to check out our full review of the PS4 version which received a 9/10 score.

:arrow: SOURCE
:arrow: DOOM Eternal Official GBAtemp Review

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Releases for $60 on Switch only once it's down to $20 or less on PC...playing third-party games on Nintendo consoles is as unpleasant as ever, I see.
For a severely downgraded port, no less. The Switch tax really needs to die.

Reactions: Xzi

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, it's something.
I wonder if Nintendo is ever going to go toe to toe with its competitors in terms of hardware capabilities. The 'as long as it's fun' motto is kinda getting old at this point.
I mean, if they worked with nvidia and got a new chip using the latest architecture and node, they could probably be quite impressive. the chip in the switch is more than a few generations old. though the chances of that happening is slim.

but imagine if they went riskV or bought a foundry themselves to make some super weird stuff. that'd be crazy fun.

Last edited by osaka35,

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Know what FW will be Required?
9.x or 10.x

do any games even require 10 yet
Dunno about base games (wouldn't be surprised if there were some though), but recent Animal Crossing, Super Mario 3D All Stars and Minecraft updates use 10.x versions of NintendoSDK (10.7.0.0, 10.8.1.0, and 10.6.0.0 respectively)

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I wonder if Nintendo is ever going to go toe to toe with its competitors in terms of hardware capabilities. The 'as long as it's fun' motto is kinda getting old at this point.
Why would they? Portable gaming is their largest and most lucrative market, and abandoning established monopoly on handhelds just to dive into already oversaturated hardware-measuring contest would be kinda dumb on Nintendo's part.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I respect people that can play doom and fps on switch I just cant do it so used to ps4 pro.
lol so im guessing you couldnt play older doom games either becuase they werent on ps4 pro specs? lol

i play any game on any console, there is nothing to get used to, i mean sure the n64 controller is abit of wierd to get used too but besides that there really isnt much need to get used to any console be it old or new, powerful or less powerful.

Reactions: lemonmaster

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: i just worry about cockroaches entering my room