Gaming Dont you hate nintendo when they put this stuff into games...

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
Azn_Tomato said:
The only time i found it funny was in Phoenix Wright. It was hilarious, don't you tell me otherwise >.>

When did it happen in Phoenix Wright?

It's not terrible, the only terrible thing is people thinking it's cool because it's now on videogames and using it even more, whatever happened to typing full (real) words, it's not that hard.

DeadDuck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Truliche said:
It's not terrible, the only terrible thing is people thinking it's cool because it's now on videogames and using it even more, whatever happened to typing full (real) words, it's not that hard.
Apparently, acting like a retard is a newest trend.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
for me, leetspeak is OK in small doses and appropriate context. Exclusive use can not be sustained over more than a few lines of dialogue. No problem with words like lol or FTW.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Nops, I love it when they do that XD

Just, don't exceed it
tongue.gif

I fear for the days when we'll have books completely in 1337
tongue.gif

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I loved the hammer bros part in Partners in Time. It was hilarious. I can't wait til the next pokemon game has a character who says "so i herd u liek mudkipz".

WE ARE TEH HAMMER BROZ. WE PWN JOO NOOBS AND ROFL. AND U AM CRY. (or something like that)

that had me on the floor laughing.

DeadDuck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Batman55 said:
I loved the hammer bros part in Partners in Time. It was hilarious. I can't wait til the next pokemon game has a character who says "so i herd u liek mudkipz".
I think there's enough of 4shit on internet, I'd rather like not to see it in games as well.

QUOTE(silent sniper @ Jun 28 2008, 09:27 AM) imho, I figure all that internet talk (maybe 1337 talk) is the future of the english language.

It was more popular in certain gropus in 90's, or so I heard. Now it's mostly idiots. Or, like in this cases, gaming companies who want to get more popularity for their products.

tau

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sir-Fritz said:
nephdj said:
HB1: AREA RESTRICTED. ALL NOOB INTRUDERS 2 B HAXORED BY US L33T HAMM3R BROZ.!
HB2: WE R THE SHROOM ALLIES. WE ROXER U AND THEN ROFL. THEN U AM CRY. WE RECEIVE ORDER THRU ANTENNAS ON THESE L33T HELMETS. THEY R HOTNESS. WE MUST OBEY ALL ORDERS. WE LIKE 2 PWN NOOBS 4 THE MASTER SHROOMBZORS. U = NOOBS. BROZ. = L33T. PREPARE 4 TOTAL PWNAGE. WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!

Personaly i thought it was funny as hell
They didn't even use haxored correctly.

What the hell are you talking about.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather have "noob" and "haxor" than "aight" and "tight" whatever other urban slang they throw into everything today. The World Ends with You is terrible about it.

I mean, they made Optimus Prime say "My bad!" in the movie for crying out loud!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
Well the the point of the topic

Playing pokemon diamond
nintendo tried to put thing like:

"n00b"
and "ftw"
into the game...

I loved those little elements in the game. Cracked me up each time I saw something like that in the dialogue. It didn't come off, to me, as Nintendo trying to be hip or anything like that; it just seemed like they were poking (no pun intended) fun at the terms themselves and the people who use them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I live maybe 3 minutes from a Dairy Queen, so I would just go there for ice cream anything anyways. I usually get the Oreo Blizzard, or a Peanut Buster Parfait.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats a dairy queen?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ice cream shop
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, mmmm ice cream
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremums a dairy queen
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: