astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
So I've been tired of Pokemon. Mucho tired...like slogging through the Sahara with a camelbak water pack tired. I've been playing since R/B on the Gameboy. I've played practically everything - even had a retail copy of Green for the game boy. Upgraded along the way - I bought a copy of Gold + a game boy color at the same time. I bought everything - Red/Blue/Green/Yellow, Crystal, Gold/Silver,
Sapphire/Ruby, Emerald, and Diamond/Pearl.

Even bought a few roms along the way. I have a pretty good rom of Sapphire on a very good looking game pack (it's pretty good, even has the serial number on the back), but the cart plastic is completely black.

I completely beat the first three games - R/B/G/Y, Crystal, and G/S. This meant that I had got all the evolutions, traded back and forth and all that jazz. I gave up, and eventually just played for fun.

Then, the metagame became important. The EV training, and the impossible breeding of perfect IV pokemon. I guess it just overwhelmed me. I logged a lot of hours into my retail Diamond cart. I have all the legendaries, from every corner of the globe.

Then, Platinum. I reserved it, and picked it up. I had been playing it as a rom on my Acekard 2i, intending to upload it to my real retail cart. Then, my microSD failed. And then I lost interest in the retail cart - Platinum may have been an upgrade to Pokemon, but it sure didn't feel that way - too many years of Pokemon has made me jaded and tired of it. The GTS was a new and pleasant undertaking, but seeing too many WTF trade offers made me sick (people want to trade their baby Pokemon for legendaries!).

I'm occasionally playing Pokemon Bloody Diamond now, but the real Pokemon games have lost their spark/shine. It's not pleasant when it happens, and I don't feel like playing games like Pokemon any more (monster raising games). Maybe if Monster Hunter came to the DS, I'd give it a spin, but now...my monster raising days are over.

So, goodbye, Pokemon. You were a comfortable robe I could slip on, with a few new tassels/pom-poms to tide me over, but your body is getting threadbare, and frankly, you are beginning to show your age. I'm moving on to better and more fertile grounds, but I'd always have warm memories of training Pikachu and Charmander.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
GameSoul said:
You know what they say about too much of a good thing.
"You can never have too much of a good thing"

nyanya.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm a bit like you, I too am just sick and tired of the series.
Sometimes I get the urge to play again, but when I then play the game, I get sick of it in half an hour or so.
Just too slow, too much useless crap for me.
I'll give SoulSilver a try though, when the localized version appears. That is the only thing that I may complete again.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
GameDragon said:
astrangeone said:
Maybe if Monster Hunter came to the DS, I'd give it a spin, but now...my monster raising days are over.

Maybe I misunderstood, but Monster Hunter isn't about raising monsters. It's more about killing them.
Maybe she means Monster Rancher?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.