Homebrew Dolphin Help

ShineALight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really sorry if I've covering old ground (I'm sure I am), but I've been fiddling around with Dolphin all day and cannot quite get the framerate up to a playable level. I'm beginning to think it may just be my system. As I understand it, the processor is of the utmost importance in emulating, and I have an Intel i7 2.66, which I think should be acceptable. I also have 6 Gigs of DDR3 RAM. Could my lackluster ATI 4350 GPU be holding me back?

If its not my rig, what can I do to get the games up to a playable level? Thanks!

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not your video card your pc configuration looks fine, names of the games would help not all games are playable.

it's most likely just how you have it configured or you have an old build

ShineALight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried Wind Waker and TP, Wario World and Soul Calibur II. None of them run as well as they should, in the neighborhood of 20 frames at 640x480. I'm using the Dolphin SVN R 4771. No post-processing, no AA, 1x anisotropic filter. Using the OpenGL plugin. Not sure why this would be so difficult for an i7.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dolphin forums is probably the better place to ask this, i think its the fact you're using the latest build i just tried it and i'm also having terrible FPS r4525 however worked great.

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
What I would suggest is.. try a higher resolution and with fullscreen. I was getting awful FPS in Tales of Symphonia on Dolphin (my first game I tried) because I was at 800x600, then I tried to go down to 640x480 thinking my graphics card couldn't handle it (GeForce 9800GT 1GB) but the framerate went LOWER instead of higher (all of this in windowed mode). So I tried to run it fullscreen at 1600x900 (my screen resolution) and it was considerably faster. Then after a bit of tweaking around I got it at 1200xSomething with a steady 50-60fps (however sometimes the game goes too fast, but that is another issue). What I read around is that sometimes graphics card use more power to "shrink" to lower resolution, becausey they were not natively build for those. 800x600 and 640x480 are really small and the modern graphics cards have more and more problem handling them.

Hence, smallest is not always equal to better. Try some higher resolutions... (also try tweaking graphical settings... I used Direct3D9 and it was ok, then I tried OpenGL and it was even better)...

pbsds

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pbsds.net
XP
Country
Norway
Try the DirX9 plugin.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum