Dolphin emulator settings.

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by OGTiago, Apr 24, 2011.

Apr 24, 2011

Dolphin emulator settings. by OGTiago at 11:27 PM (3,807 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. OGTiago
    OP

Member OGTiago GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    Hey, my specs are:

AMD Phenom II X4 @ 3.2GHz
    1GB Radeon HD 5850
    8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM
    Windows 7

I have been told I should be able to run the emulator, I tried NSMB Wii and it gets about 60% speed, I tried tweaking the settings but it's never smooth.

Could I get some help with the config for this?

Any help is appreciated, thanks. [​IMG]

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
  3. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
  4. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    honestly, Wii emulation isn't going to be close to perfect for a long time. You're best bet is to just buy a Wii and hack it so you can load games via usb hard drive. Plus the Wii has dropped in price again so it's cheaper than ever...you can get a used Wii that's practically brand new for around $100.

5. UranusKiller

Member UranusKiller TranceMaster

United Kingdom
    OGTiago that's not a bad system at all, but the main hardware on your system is the PSU, what is it? and the motherboard too?

Anyway with that a side, from those specs, you should be able to play all new PC titles extremely well.

Regarding the subject, Dolphin is rubbish if we're honest, it's great the fact it's being emulated, but they have to modify the emulator every time just to run a different game, which ends up ruining other games framerate, graphic issues. Have you did any graphic/cpu option changes in dolphins settings menu???

6. OGTiago
    OP

Member OGTiago GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    I do own a Wii, and it's hacked, but since I got this PC I thought I would try to run Wii games in HD on my PC.

Mobo is: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3
    PSU is: 500W Corsair CMPSU-500CXUK

Yes I run most PC games on highest settings, unless the game itself is poorly optimised (such as GTA IV pre-patches) I have no problems running them.

I thought I would try out the Dolphin emulator when I saw Xenoblade Chronicles was announced, I have already played most games I want on my Wii, Xenoblade in HD on the PC would be sweet so I wouldn't mind specific settings for that when it comes out seeing as it'll probably be a 30+ hour game.

7. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    I honestly don't understand what running a 480p game in 720p is going to do. If I am to understand correctly the games are programmed with the resolution of 480p so I don't see what you can possibly achieve trying to run it in HD when the game itself is not HD.

8. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    as far as i understand dolphin will redraw the graphics to hd rather than upscale them, and aa can be used to generally clean up the appearance

9. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    When using an emulator you're not limited by the original's hardware. It's actually rendered at a higher resolution.