ROM Hack Dokidoki Majo Shinpan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyvnal

Trophies
XP
Country
Joystick, that's awesome
Noitora, why not make a thread about it to help people get started? You already helped me, why not share the love?

Joystick

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah if i was given the script back translated i could probably hack it all back in pretty quicky.....(pray pray/hint hint).there is ALOT of text there though.

Never looked too deep into the graphics hacking side of it, so i'd be interested in it just for fun

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, despite my earlier naysaying, this project is starting to sound rather interesting.

Truth is, I'm not doing much right now and my Japanese could probably use the practice, so maybe I'll take another look at the script. My kanji ability is terribly behind what it should be, but if some other people get behind this (as it seems like there's going to be), it just might work out.

I'd be limited to translation though, because I've only really just dabbled in hacking.

EDIT: Yeah, definately would need a bunch of other people working on the translation....so many words...X(

mumeix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hiryuuhonyaku.awardspace.com
XP
Country
United States
wow! i guess i should check the forums more often! i did not know anyone was working on this title, so i had dumped the script last weekend and sent it off to one of my translators and was working on the in-game graphics. i'll contact him and tell him to hold off. i dumped Dokidoki Majo Shinpan 2 Duo, also, so i'll send him that script instead
happy.gif
if you guys need any help, let me know. hopefully, he's not spent too much time on the parts of the script i've handed off
tongue.gif

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Joystick said:
hi,
I wanted to do this ages ago but me and the translator are really lazy

anyway I wrote a quick script to rip the game text a while back. here's the entire game script i ripped ages ago last year in sjis. Some where i've got document with other things to trigger events and stuff but i think it's on an old machine somewhere

http://rapidshare.com/files/135138762/Script.tar.gz.html
Thanks for the dumps you provided.I was thinking of writing my own tool to extract the scripts but it seems that it's not needed.
By the way I have finished the title menu
tongue.gif

33155019th1.png

I've written a tool to calculate the pointers at the CharaName.dat file but it doesn't work with all the pointers in the file
ph34r.gif
, It might be usable with other files in the game though.
And so I am almost finished translating all the names:
55758405ln7.png

Joystick

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i did have a couple of quick programs to make it easy to replace text/sound codes/extra stuff somewhere. I didn't ever really flesh them out. I'll have to find them again and start working on them again

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You used Photoshop to edit the menu box
wtf.gif
?

I wanna help too, that is, if somebody can give me a dictionary, I've mastered Katakana and Hiragana, but vocab is another thing
frown.gif

BlueFlame90

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Looks great! Keep it up^^

I have a question, since i'm new: where can i find shiftjis.tbl? I searched a long time for it but could not find it. If i have to make it by myself, what program should i use for it?

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueFlame90 said:
I have a question, since i'm new: where can i find shiftjis.tbl? I searched a long time for it but could not find it. If i have to make it by myself, what program should i use for it?

Took me a while to find one, but I have megauploaded it here for anyone who wants it.

Mumeix? Has your translator already done some work on this game? I'm afraid to start translating anything until I find out if anything's all done already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64