Does the Red Gateway card do anything after emunand boot?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by romanaOne, Feb 13, 2015.

1. romanaOne
    OP

romanaOne GBAtemp Regular

Apr 18, 2014
    United States
    where the potential goes to zero
    Just wondering if it is needed once I have booted into gateway mode and emunand. Can I take it out? Does it drain an excess battery if I leave it in?

2. Hkari

Hkari GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2008
    United States
    I haven't noticed any battery drain with the red card in. The only negative about not having the red card in is you can't play 3ds or 3dz games.

3. Hkari

Hkari GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2008
    United States
    You shouldn't ever really need to turn your 3DS off if you can charge it once per day. But yes, that is a downside if you do happen to turn your 3DS off.

Kelton2 likes this.
  4. Ericss

Ericss GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2010
    United States
    I would think not having your 3DS on all the time would be healthier for its hardware, though.

5. Hkari

Hkari GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2008
    United States
    Maybe, but I've never had any problems with my DSs or 3DSs just by leaving it in sleep mode all the time.

6. KidIce

KidIce Smart Ass

Dec 22, 2005
    United States
    Lucky you... I certainly have. Even sleep mode tanks the battery MUCH quicker w/ the GW in.

7. Hkari

Hkari GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2008
    United States
    Well, I take my N3DS and 3DS with me every day in sleep mode just for streetpasses. What I know is that my N3DS battery drains faster than my 3DS with gateway's battery. I don't have two regular 3DSs to perform a control test.

8. Click This

Click This Surgite!

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    New York, New York
    It does have to power a reasonably powerful chip though, so I'd imagine it would drain faster anyway, like with the DSTWO.

9. KidIce

KidIce Smart Ass

Dec 22, 2005
    United States
    That is pretty accurate, it's battery drain is on par w/ the SCDS2, perhaps greater... I haven't used my SCDS2 in years.

10. apoptygma

apoptygma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 30, 2010
    No it doesn't, Yes you can, Yes it does.