Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I would still DLDI patch it just in case. The auto DLDI works sometimes for me and sometimes it doesn't. Besides, patching is only a minor effort, probably three seconds of your time.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As I recall, there was a seperate file (exec_stub, or something like that) that you needed to patch to get DSO to launch homebrew. I'm sure the R4 does not automatically patch that file, so you would need to do it manually.

That may no longer be correct though, I stopped using DSO quite a while back.

sylux92

Trophies
Website
nbcustomwebsites.com
XP
Country
United States
As I recall, there was a seperate file (exec_stub, or something like that) that you needed to patch to get DSO to launch homebrew. I'm sure the R4 does not automatically patch that file, so you would need to do it manually.

That may no longer be correct though, I stopped using DSO quite a while back.
Yes, he has a prepatched one on his website, but it still doesn't work. Im pretty sure it has to do with r4's auto patching. Other people expierience this issue also.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont see how that would work since the r4 firmware is the one that patches it, i dont see how that program could disable that.
It works by basically "breaking" the file so that it cannot be patched anymore until you manually "fix" it. It's called DLDI noautopatch if you're interested in looking it up.

My guess with DSO is that the DLDI file the R4 autopatches with is different than the one used before that point. DSO launches files by using the DLDI file DSOrganize.nds itself is patched with. Try manually patching DSOrganize.nds with the old R4 DLDI file, breaking the file with DLDI NoAutoPatch, and then launching DSO.

It may work, it may not. The only reason I think it might work is because the same thing happened to me with Moonshell. After I updated my Supercard miniSD's firmware to get auto-DLDI patching, I could no longer launch files from within Moonshell. Letting it use the old SCSD.dldi file instead made it work again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass