Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Man18, Dec 27, 2007.
I thought i remember something about auto dldi but im not quite sure if it does.
Yes, it was added a long time ago.
I would still DLDI patch it just in case. The auto DLDI works sometimes for me and sometimes it doesn't. Besides, patching is only a minor effort, probably three seconds of your time.
I have not DLDI patched a single .nds file since autopatching was added to the loader, and I have never had a single problem because of it.
Nevertheless, if you want to do your patching manually DLDI Right Click makes it very easy (assuming you're using Windows).
I have problems with DSOrganize, it will no longer boot homebrew, which it did before r4ds auto patching was added.
As I recall, there was a seperate file (exec_stub, or something like that) that you needed to patch to get DSO to launch homebrew. I'm sure the R4 does not automatically patch that file, so you would need to do it manually.
That may no longer be correct though, I stopped using DSO quite a while back.
I was having problems with some homebrew so i just got the newest version.
Yes, he has a prepatched one on his website, but it still doesn't work. Im pretty sure it has to do with r4's auto patching. Other people expierience this issue also.
I've never tested it myself, but DLDI Right Click has an option to apply a DLDI patch and disable auto-patching.
I dont see how that would work since the r4 firmware is the one that patches it, i dont see how that program could disable that.
All it would have to do is change the part of the .nds file that tells the R4 where to put the patch.
It works by basically "breaking" the file so that it cannot be patched anymore until you manually "fix" it. It's called DLDI noautopatch if you're interested in looking it up.
My guess with DSO is that the DLDI file the R4 autopatches with is different than the one used before that point. DSO launches files by using the DLDI file DSOrganize.nds itself is patched with. Try manually patching DSOrganize.nds with the old R4 DLDI file, breaking the file with DLDI NoAutoPatch, and then launching DSO.
It may work, it may not. The only reason I think it might work is because the same thing happened to me with Moonshell. After I updated my Supercard miniSD's firmware to get auto-DLDI patching, I could no longer launch files from within Moonshell. Letting it use the old SCSD.dldi file instead made it work again.