Hacking Does the DSi have hardware problems?

777kidis777

Big Red
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend told me that there was major problems with the camera, how it would freeze in mid-picture and won't get out, and it would still be like that.
Anyone care to clarify that for me?

aoh2

Trophies
XP
Country
If the DSI have a few problems then why don't nintendo make it more durable on the next version(DSI XL)?

I don't own any ds systems but if you had a screen protector on the bottom screen wouldn't that make it less likely to break/scratch/etc?
lecture.gif
Maby thats the reason why your touch pad isn't working propably.. maby this might be the solution . (I might be wrong so don't yell at me cause i haven't really researched it yet)

LittleBigMods

Trophies
Website
www.littlebigmods.net
XP
Country
United States
I've had my DSi since the release, and I use it all of the time. I treat it really well, and there (literally) isn't even a scratch on it. The only problem that I've noticed is that the "R" button only works 50-70% of the time
frown.gif
Stupid Nintendo rushes their releases.

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
There was a time last year where my DSi would randomly freeze in sleep mode. This happened especially when searching for Stars in Treasure World which is understandable but it also froze several times during play of my genuine Pokemon Platinum. I called Nintendo Australia for support on this issue and they told me they had never heard of the issue. =\

Pokemon Platinum hasn't froze since but I still get the occasional freezes on my DSi when it goes into sleep mode which I think is to be expected.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
777kidis777 said:
My friend told me that there was major problems with the camera, how it would freeze in mid-picture and won't get out, and it would still be like that.
Anyone care to clarify that for me?
I think it's a hardware lockup. You aren't able to turn the power off either. You'd have to take the battery out. This has happened to me countless times on the Wii, very annoying.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My DSi's 'R' button is stuck in the 'on' position, so any games that use the button acts like its in a turbo. I have tried the fix that always worked before, now its a no go. Those bastards are going to charge me $60 to have it repaired... Damn it!
mad.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Only have a couple of 'small' problems with my DSi (& I brought it as soon as it was avaliable in the UK), but really they're only 'cosmetic' or what I consider usual 'Wear-&-Tear' - (& I've used the DSi nearly every day since I've had it)

The power button doesn't have the usual 'engravement' (the C- on it's side) showing clearly anymore. Guess that's me pressing down hard with the nail & not the fingerpad

The Top Screen seem a little 'looser' than when I first had it (I think).
What I mean is when DSi is open there's a slight (& I do mean slight) 'give' or wobble when you touch the top screen whioch I'm sure wasn't there when I first had it

Hinge wise - no cracks or anything showing
Left/Right buttons actually seem more 'responsive' after all this time (they were a little stiff when I first had it)

DarkFocus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my R button failed and I've had it freeze on me a couple times too and on some games the screen flickers like tetris ds(It's a fault of all dsi's)and the screens not as visible in direct sunlight as a regular ds screen. I bought it last summer and I never had any issues with my ds Phat so I'm kinda disappointed but the larger screen is nice and once they get dsi mode cracked I'll be much happier.

edit:warrenty dos cover the L/R buttons but not scratched screens I'd recommend getting a static cling screen protector for like 10$ or if you don't care about sticky residue you can get one for like $0.30

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well,i have had mine for a few monthes now,and it had no problems whatsoever. just be careful with the dsi,because it feels very fragile(especially the matte finish ones,i liked the matte finishes on the dsl better xD). i reccomend,to keep it super safe and all,get a case,like one of those fancy aluminum ones. i have a transparent casing,but when i put it in/take it off,i'm always worried that i may scratch it. some screen protectors as good ideas too. always make sure that your hands are dry,because my friend played his so much,his hands got swaety and it messed up the buttons. srry if i talk too much....xD

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that it is how you take care of the system, not the L and R button though, they tend to break allot, not for me anyways... Yet. But I have had a DS lite and DS phat since release until this day they have never had problems. My DSi is perfect so far.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the DSi falls will it brake? Because I currently have a DS lite and it falls lots of times because sometimes I play it on my couch and watch TV get bored turn it off put it on the couch laydown on the couch and kick the DS lite by accident happened already like 5-6 times.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have an issue with their touchscreen feeling rough in areas and kinda bumpy? My lite's screen is silky smooth while the DSi feels like its grabbing the stylus. I just bought this new last night and aside from the slightly loose hinge is this normal?

*Fixed the touchscreen by cleaning it with some rubbing alcohol. A search turned up that the screen may have a slight dirty film on it from the factory. Now it is smooth. I also read that having a loose hinge is not a bad thing at all.

computarman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Algot said:
I have one DS Lite since relese and one DSi since Relese. my girl had a DS Lite and sold it to her friend and got a pink DSLite (the other one was black) and all four systems still working without anny problem...

My first ds lite developed unsensitivity in an area of the touch screen. When I would play certain games there was an area of the screen where I could not get touches to register. I tried the games on my daughters DS and her touch screen worked fine while playing the game and I think it was Wordjong where I could not touch tiles if they were in a certain area of the screen. I ordered a replacement touch screen from DX and I ended up breaking the touch screen connector and just buying a new DS. If your average person tries replacing a touch screen I wish them a lot of luck with the touch screen connector. I will say I used my first lite a lot and things do wear out.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From what I gathered, the DSi has the same L and R button problem as the DS lite, except it's not as easy to fix since the DSi is harder to take apart, and because the blowing trick does not work as well for the DSi.
Otherwise, the DSi does not have the other problems the DS lite has, such as cracked hinge and yellow touch screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-