Hacking Does the box your switch came in confirm the hack-ability?

BanjoTheBot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey all, just a question about hackable switches.
I believe I recall reading somewhere online that the kind of box your switch came in can confirm whether it can be hacked or not if it's in the "maybe" zone based on it's serial number. If the box is white, it's hackable, and if it's red, too bad.
I just want to confirm if this is true, as I don't want to go to the effort of getting a jig just for it to not be hackable, and I don't want to risk using a paperclip.
Thanks!

BanjoTheBot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There's also this site to check if your console can be hacked, based on serial number.
I'm already aware of the serial number thing, I was making this post to see if the thing I heard about white box switches being hackable was true because my switch falls in the might be patched zone and I've been researching other ways of confirmation aside from actually entering Recovery Mode.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm already aware of the serial number thing, I was making this post to see if the thing I heard about white box switches being hackable was true because my switch falls in the might be patched zone and I've been researching other ways of confirmation aside from actually entering Recovery Mode.

If it is possibly patched you need to push a payload to test.

BanjoTheBot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If it is possibly patched you need to push a payload to test.
Oh well, I guess I'll keep an eye out for other ways to find out, but until then, I suppose I should probably look at getting a jig.
If anyone knows any other ways to figure out if a switch is hackable other then serial number, please leave a comment.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh well, I guess I'll keep an eye out for other ways to find out, but until then, I suppose I should probably look at getting a jig.
If anyone knows any other ways to figure out if a switch is hackable other then serial number, please leave a comment.

You need a modchip if you end up getting patched, v2 unit, switch lite or oled.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...