Does Super Mario Galaxy 2 work?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by MarioMan181, May 23, 2010.

May 23, 2010
  1. MarioMan181
    OP

Newcomer MarioMan181 Advanced Member

United States
    Ok, I have been reading threads on Super Mario Galaxy 2, but I want to know If I have wii system menu 4.2 with cios rev38 ver 14 installed and with no usb loader or any other loader for the wii. Will this game work on the regular disc channel with no problem? Please respond and please just to let you know don't respond with negative remarks about this question cause I just don't know. All I want is a simple answer that is all. Thank you for your appreciation.

2. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    Do you mean the original game, or a backup? If you mean the original game, than yes it should work fine, if it asks for an update just use startpatch or priiloader to disable disk updates.

BTW why are you still on rev 14?

3. MarioMan181
    OP

Newcomer MarioMan181 Advanced Member

United States

Yes I do mean the original game.

The reason I have rev 14 is it was the recommended cios installer at the time when I used a guide on a different web site. I didn't know there was cios installer rev 17 or 19. By the way do I really need to update my cios installer or not.

4. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    All original discs work with the disc channel
    If it needs an update, run it with gecko OS once so it can install the needed files from there.

5. T-Rex

Newcomer T-Rex Advanced Member

Brazil

So, with original game will running on the Disc Channel perfectly.
    As for update, you need the StartPatch (recommended) to apply the disable update patches from Disc Channel or use the GeckoOS that skip update from disc.