Does somebody knows something about Neverwinter game?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Reploid, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Reploid
    OP

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    I'm a huge fan of Neverwinter Nights and some others DND games. I was thinking about playing this game, since it's free, but I need to clarify some details from someone who actually plays the game.

1. I'm not a huge MMO fan, but as far as I can tell there should be storymode build in game, just like The Old Republic. Is it true? And if there is, is it even good?
    2. I don't plan to donate anything. Is game playble this way if I'm not gonna become a top player?
    3. Is there co-op gameplay modes? PVP or PVE? Is there story-related co-op missions?
    4. Which server should I choose? As far as I can tell there is a common problem with MMOs, where one servers is more advanced than others.

2. 4ur0r

4ur0r GBAtemp Fan

Feb 7, 2015
    Italy
    I played it in beta and leveled a character at level cap some years ago.
    I can say the game is very fun (especially the dungeons or whatevaer they are called), I really liked the combat system and the story is (not well developed) but cool.
    But the classes are SO unbalanced in PVP and PVE, you basically have to stick to the op class of the moment to join every instance or battleground.
    Also, like every free MMORPG, the game is basically pay-to-win, there will be a moment where everyone who donates something wil be ahead light-years above you on equip and everything else, you need to pay even to create more than 2 characters.
    My advice is: play it with a caracter you like until level cap and then realize how the games is made to suck money out of your pocket and start another MMORPG like WoW that has yes a payment subscription fee, but at least you're on the same level as anyone else.

3. Reploid
    OP

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    I'm planing to finish the storyline and maybe come back to the game every now and then to kill some time with friends in different game modes. Is this doable without paying?