Hacking Does PS4 uploads logs with system information to Sony?

Nicola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
If so, does it manage to do so when using the al-azif DNS?
What kind of information is it know to upload?

Nicola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
Technically, whether you are logged in or not is not relevant. I'm not afraid to get banned, I'm just curious whether some collected data gets upload (like play time or some other stats).

Nicola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
I am connected to the internet, just with a non standard DSN, I can access google and other websites (like the ones to enable Mira).

Last edited by Nicola,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that doesn't matter. if it did, any prepwork not to get banned would be a waste of time, because sony could see the before and after.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're concerned about it, go 100% offline. I have paid content still on my system, and when I was using online, I blocked sony. I didn't use dns. nothing was deactivated.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think they could legally deactivate paid content unless you got banned. no one knows what sony looks for, so there's no way I could prove what I'm saying. it's just pure observation. we don't even know what they look for on the ps3, but we have a good idea. there are three files in the profile/user folder that relay processes, router information, ip, idps, etc. it doesn't mention history just currently played title, but it's probably historically recorded on sony's end, so a blank one might be a red flag. you can delete the notification.db and a new one will be created, I'm sure that's probably sent to sony. play time, dunno. there's no such file on the ps3.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Online_Connections#Community_spying

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it is relevant, because how can you transmit information if you're not connected?
If you are connected online in general (not necessarily to PSN) then Sony could have hardcoded an IP address that it skips the console ID and results of a few tests to.

I have no idea if it does but having my secure systems I don't want hacked phoning home via hidden means sounds like something I would do. Some companies doing similar things have been shown to be lazy enough to just use the stock services rather than registering totallynotSonyspyingoperation.biz and directing stuff there such that a basic DNS block of any known online service/company URLs would in turn knock out any phone home attempts but still allow you to access non device maker sites/services.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe, but I find that highly unlikely. if that were true, disabling syscalls and history would be pointless. sony could see that you played a pirated game when you booted it up.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if you fear that might be the case, you can try my ps4 tutorial on here. it should block everything, and it might be overkill, but it errors if you try to sign in to psn or update without signing in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum