Does Nintendont support DK bongos on regular Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Petegamer331, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Petegamer331
    OP

Petegamer331 Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2014
    United States
    I see that the DK bongos are not supported by Nintendont on the Wii U but do they work on the regular Wii for Donkey Konga?

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    yes they work.
    Either in emulated mode (HID OFF, Native control OFF), or in official controller port communication (HID OFF, Native control ON).

We didn't had a clear answer (or a user testing it) when using the WiiU Gamecube Controller Adapter. If it works with the adapter, it will also work on WiiU.

3. GreyRogue

GreyRogue GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2013
    United States
    I just tried Bongos on my Wii with the Gamecube adapter (not using the ports in the Wii). The start button works, but I couldn't get the clap to work and it looked like left was constantly being held down. I didn't diagnose if this could be fixed or not. I think there is some special handling in the code for bongos when not using Native that does work. Maybe it could be applied to the gamecube adapter. As I said I didn't look into it closely.
    They do work without the gamecube adapter on the wii.

Semi-related:
    My Intec Racing Wheel does work with the gamecube adapter.

4. Shadowfied

Shadowfied GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 6, 2014
    They seem to work somewhat for Donkey Konga 1. The clapping is extremely sensitive though, and for some odd reason the "volume meter" doesn't move when you clap in the settings. Holding both buttons to go back doesn't work either. Donkey Konga 2 has the same problem as using the Wii U Gamecube adapter, it just keeps scrolling to the left..

TLDR; Donkey Konga 1 works, but not perfectly (keep a normal GC controller around to navigate menus)
    Donkey Konga 2 is a no go.

Edit: It might just have been my slightly off-centered bongos that didn't work properly on the Wii, they do on the GameCube though.