OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Hi :)

HANS runs it's own code in background (screenshot, language, etc.), but does it slow down games ?

I have a n3DS, and I saw on wikipedia that it has a quadcore CPU, with one core for the system so the other 3 cores are 804MHz
So, does HANS runs on the system core (so games won't slow down) or on the "game's cores" (so games will slow down)

I say that because I'd like to play Xenoblade (n3DS title so it uses all the 3 cores) but sometimes it slows down (in battle especially). And I don't want more lag due to HANS if it does lag. I can't really test, because I can tell if the lag is due to HANS or it's just a lag due to the lack of power.

Thank you for helping and sorry for my english :)

EDIT : Smea has spoken ! HANS actually DOES NOT slow down ANY game :)

Last edited by MK73DS,

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
I remember I read somewhere on gbatemp (didn't remembre in which topic sorry) that it uses the HomeMenu (or something like that) to run games and change languages etc.
But because the HomeMenu uses the system core, HANS may use it too.

But, this is only remembers of what I read yesterday ^^ So maybe it's totally wrong :)

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
that's a wrong imformation,and multicore performance is not to be simply plused.
for example,retroarch 3ds performs better on n3ds, but they only run on a single core

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Oh yes 3Dbrew says that it has 4 cores which can go up to 804MHz :)
Sorry, so the n3DS is really a lot more powerful than the 3DS :wtf:

But anyway, this doesn't answer my question :/ Does HANS uses one of the 3 appcores?

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
i don't think it will be faster on xenoblade3d, for it's already running under 804mhz nomally. but for some old 3ds game released before August 2014.It shouldn't be slower.

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
i don't think it will be faster on xenoblade3d, for it's already running under 804mhz nomally. but for some old 3ds game released before August 2014.It shouldn't be slower.

Faster or not it doesn't matter, I just want to know if HANS slows down n3DS exclusives games :/ Because Xenoblade sometimes slow down as I said, but I don't want to have more lags when it is not supposed to :)

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Faster or not it doesn't matter, I just want to know if HANS slows down n3DS exclusives games :/ Because Xenoblade sometimes slow down as I said, but I don't want to have more lags when it is not supposed to :)
No, it shouldn't. HANS is really tiny. And it just overrides some services.

Reactions: MK73DS

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
well,at least I can't see any benefit to run xenoblade with hans

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
From what I can gather, it just hooks into specific system functions, like the function call that opens the home menu when home is pressed. Hence why the screenshot function won't work when the home menu isn't accessible, since the "open home menu" function HANS hooks into isn't called.
In other words, HANS doesn't have a persistant thread that runs code in the background at all times. It only runs its own code when certain actions are performed (such as home button press, or reading data from romfs/code)
That's how I understand it anyway, but I may be wrong on the exact specifics.

Reactions: Mrrraou and MK73DS

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
From what I can gather, it just hooks into specific system functions, like the function call that opens the home menu when home is pressed. Hence why the screenshot function won't work when the home menu isn't accessible, since the "open home menu" function HANS hooks into isn't called.
In other words, HANS doesn't have a persistant thread that runs code in the background at all times. It only runs its own code when certain actions are performed (such as home button press, or reading data from romfs/code)
That's how I understand it anyway, but I may be wrong on the exact specifics.

Thank you, but how the key combo L+R+D+B works ? :) It needs some code no ?

Reactions: Mrrraou

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0