Gaming Does FreeShop still work?

Samie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just finished following the 3DS modding guide (boot9strap seedminer) to install CFW to my 11.8 3DS.

Everything seems to be installed and setup correctly. But now what I'm wondering is, how do I find/install games?

I figured it would be like the WiiU where I could just copy games to my PC, and then copy over to SD. But I read here on GBAtemp (although a 2011 post) that there's no way to do that and we must use freeshop. Is that correct? Then I'm reading other posts about how freeshop is not working anymore.

Could you guys point me in the right direction?

RPG_FAN128

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Freeshop is no mas.

You can buy which games you want, insert them (one at a time of course) into your 3DS. Dump the game into a CIA file using GM9. Then use FBI to install said CIA files to your 3DS.

Buying digital games automatically installs them onto your 3DS.

Reactions: andeers and Samie

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I just finished following the 3DS modding guide (boot9strap seedminer) to install CFW to my 11.8 3DS.

Everything seems to be installed and setup correctly. But now what I'm wondering is, how do I find/install games?

I figured it would be like the WiiU where I could just copy games to my PC, and then copy over to SD. But I read here on GBAtemp (although a 2011 post) that there's no way to do that and we must use freeshop. Is that correct? Then I'm reading other posts about how freeshop is not working anymore.

Could you guys point me in the right direction?
*that ISO site* still has CIAs for download, but that's all we can tell you ;)
They can be installed with FBI, much like wupinstaller which you're probably familiar with.

Reactions: Samie

Samie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ohh ok. I seen CIA's in the guide, but weren't too familiar with them lol But now that I sort of know what I'm looking for I might have some better luck searching :P Thanks guys.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ilegitimado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Freeshop doesn't work anymore. You need to download the .cia files from internet and paste them in the sd card. Then you can install them with FBI.

Enviado desde mi SM-J730F mediante Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock