Hacking Does DSTwo come with it's own internal memory?

bling_bling2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been researching DSTwo but can't find an answer. Most sites charge extra for a micro sd card but isn't it necessary in order to put files onto it? So why would they charge extra? I came to the conclusion that the card itself has it's own memory, and if that's the case, how do I get files off my computer onto the card?

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.

It doesn't have its own 'memory'. What it does have it a CPU. That's what lets you do GBA games and such. CPU != disk space or even RAM.

Long story short, you do need a Micro SD card still. But the DSTWO is a nice card that will give you more performance than the others. :)

Reactions: 1 person

bling_bling2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.

It doesn't have its own 'memory'. What it does have it a CPU. That's what lets you do GBA games and such. CPU != disk space or even RAM.

Long story short, you do need a Micro SD card still. But the DSTWO is a nice card that will give you more performance than the others. :)
Thanks dude, you really helped :). I just wonder why they'd add cost to a micro sd since you do need it afterall. Oh well, can't complain I suppose haha

D

Deleted-236924

They charge extras for the microSD because the flashcard makers do not give a free microSD along with each flashcard when they send them to resellers.
The resellers supply the microSD themself.

Yes, we need a microSD. But the fact that we need it doesn't mean we would get it for free.
For example, we don't get food nor money for free.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I wouldn't do those bundles if I were you.

Just buy a MicroSD somewhere else, it'll be cheaper. Newegg has some 8GB ones for like $10. LOL

invidente7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've been researching DSTwo but can't find an answer. Most sites charge extra for a micro sd card but isn't it necessary in order to put files onto it? So why would they charge extra? I came to the conclusion that the card itself has it's own memory, and if that's the case, how do I get files off my computer onto the card?

nope, you have to get your own sd card to put files into it, I know I have one too and that's how it works

Wingless*

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since no one answered my question in the last thread i will just post it here.

Can anyone confirm me a site that flashes the SuperCard 2 for you for 3.0.0 compatibility if you don't have access to a DS?

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RealHotStuff, they're located in America.

There's also something known as just emailing them and asking if they do. It's not hard, why do people keep asking? I'm getting tired of seeing posts like this.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

Can anyone confirm me a site that flashes the SuperCard 2 for you for 3.0.0 compatibility if you don't have access to a DS?

You can as long as it comes with a high enough firmware (I think it is 1.06 or 1.07) thanks to the "b" method. Basically, you rename dstwoupdate.dat to dstwoupdateb.dat, stick it on the root of your SD card as normal and then start up the DSTwo. Do NOT turn off the 3DS/DSi until 5 minutes has passed your you could brick the DSTwo. Once started up you will get the "an error has occured screen", leave it at that screen for at least 5 minutes and then turn off your 3DS. Finally, manually delete the dstwoupdateb.dat file from your SD card.

Reactions: 1 person

Wingless*

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Zhuzhuchina does. Just ordered off them,

Thanks.

And to the other guy talking about emailing people,this is a forum commonly known to be well versed about flashcards and things of that nature.

I should be able to find an answer here quicker than emailing them.It also wouldn't hurt to sticky the information somewhere.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Very few DS flash carts come with internal memory for storage, in fact I don't think any of the ones that did are in production anymore, since the R4 sort of standardized the practice of including an SD slot to make the cart cheaper and easier to manage for end users (win-win on those counts).

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'd rather a sticky than seeing a ton of these topics asking what sites will update them for you.

And internal memory = bad. Having the option to have as much or as little as you want is always better. Even if you think you'll only need 2GB, you might get more games and wind up using an 8 or 16GB card, whereas if you just bought the 2GB to be cheap originally you've wasted your money.

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.

Thanks dude, you really helped :). I just wonder why they'd add cost to a micro sd since you do need it afterall. Oh well, can't complain I suppose haha
Not a chance. MicroSD cards offer good profits by duping people to buy their microSD cards for considerably more money than they're worth. On Amazon, a 4GB card is less than $5, on a flashcart site, it could be $20 or more

Now there were a time in early flashcart days where flashcarts did have their own memory, and came with the tools needed to transfer files. However the included memory models did not offer SD slots, and were often pretty pricey. Like $60, $80, $100 pricey. The DS-X, curse its name, gave you only 2GB storage for $125.

Internal memory flashcarts were eventually phased out as more and more people favored microSD slotted models that gave them more storage freedom. Then flashcart competition dropped flashcarts as we know them now down to prices under $20.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RealHotStuff, they're located in America.

There's also something known as just emailing them and asking if they do. It's not hard, why do people keep asking? I'm getting tired of seeing posts like this.
haha, yah good luck getting a response from realhotstuff i remember when i was new too and ordered or wanted to order from them and they dont answer the phone or return email EVER, but i got my from them and they do deliver really quick since they have dstwo stocked in a warehouse in the US ,i was really happy with their service, anyway, but your not going to get anything but recorded messages and automated emails when you try and contact them your order is shipped you get an automated email , dont expect to interface with an actual human, they ship from NJ so its good if your on the east coast like me, ,,i could have saved a few bucks and got it elsewhere but it would have shiped form HK , and taken weeks, so its worth the extra 5 bucks, ,and yeah dont buy the package deals i got a 16 gb card for 18$ ,and you can find 8gb for 9 or 10 maybe even 8 , but dont go with a cheap brand. san disc, lexar, samsung are good ,i got a ton of micro sd cards . i have tried all these and they work fine ,,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I used to own a flashcart that had it's own internal memory. It was known as the "N-Card" and was a clone. A clone of what, I'm not sure, but it was priced pretty well (no where near as expensive as the DS-X) and it had better game compatibility and was more stable. If it was a clone of the DS-X, I can honestly say it's one of the few clones that is actually better then what it was cloned from. :P

I don't remember if it had 2GB or 4GB of internal memory. A USB adapter was used to send files to it's memory and/or update it's firmware.

The only reason I stopped using it was because I accidently broke the tiny battery inside the card so that it would not hold on to game saves properly anymore. Normally it would keep a gamesave from whatever game that started up into battery backup ram untill the next power on. It would then write it back to the SD card on bootup. After the battery came off, it would end up corrupting gamesaves if I didn't power it back on quickly enough after finishing a game. (though with most games I was able to "soft-reset" back to the menu and would avoid this all together. but this didn't work in all games)

Even if the battery didn't brake, I would have replaced it with my DSOne-I/DSTWO anyways since I now have a 3DS and the N-Card can't be updated like the newer ones to work on a DSi/3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +2
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make... +2