Hacking Does DS Download Play work with roms?

Zoskiethewiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying this for a while and I haven't got it to work. I was wondering if I had to do something to make it work?

legoinventeor

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
DS download play works perfectly fine on most DS flashcarts. I've had a couple, and IIRC, some need enabling the feature first.
Does the second DS detect the game? If so, does it get stuck on the Nintendo logo after downloading the game? That's what happened with some old carts I had before.

Zoskiethewiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By a working wireless antenna do you mean some external thing?
Also I don't use a flashcard. I use HiyaCFW and TwilightMenu.
It detects the game but it gets stuck on the logo.

legoinventeor

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That's exactly what happened to me too. Sadly there's no fix for that on TwilightMenu for now. :(
Some select games (for example sonic colors, I think) do work. And multi card play works too if you have TwilightMenu on your other system too.

Zoskiethewiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If cloneboot is the reason dp isn't possible I have 3 questions.
1. Do we need cloneboot to use roms?
2. If it's the reason you can't do dp is it possible to remove it from a rom?
3. What is cloneboot?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1. No. Should work find on normal flash carts as long as you have not messed with the download play component.
2. Sure. It will tend to be a file called utility.bin, possibly located in a folder called dwc, or maybe something with nef files. Either way it will be a DS binary within the DS ROM (have its own icon and everything). There is seldom much point removing them as they usually all of about 4 megabytes, if not less (they have to fit in one go, run and have memory and guess how much memory the DS has?). Removing it as an option from the menu or something is a bigger ask as you will have to either fiddle with the menu to either loop it back around, put in a dummy file that exits or outright remove the option from the menu + any attendant graphics mods you care to do.
3. I don't follow, though if it is about cloneboot specifics you will have to wait for someone else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2