bin01

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After months of wait we finally have it just to find IT DOESNT WORKS AS IT SHOULD, this is, a gui preloader 100% safe for everyone(new boot1).

A Nand backup? Why should a new hombrew user back up his nand? How many probabilities are there you can brick your console in a way you can only restore it by using a nand backup? Sure, it does the job as a last option when fixing a heavy brick, but as an instant "safety net", its useless for most of NEW people cause as you know a boot1 users(most of them) wont be protected against the most common issue aka banner/region brick. Why? Cause when you install it as an IOS(the only when boot1 wont allow boot2 install) and you turn your wii on yoiu get.... the same warning screen. To load bootmii you need to load systemmenu>>run HBC>>load boot.ini, so whats the deal of doing all this process? BootMii should run on START. So where is the 100% support for boot1 community?

Men Im disappointed....

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
You're an idiot.

What the hell were you expecting? It's never acted as if it was going to be anything other than what it is.

It takes over Boot 2. It RAPES preloader.

Honestly, if you were looking forward to bootmii just for it the application itself, you're a moron. Bootmii is just the beginning; it's a gateway to new homebrew. New menus. And who WOULDN'T want 100% brick protection? Plus, you can't say it doesn't look like sex.

I didn't install preloader all this time because it's inconvenient, but now bootmii's here I feel like I can install wads and feel safe. On any system menu and under any circumstances. Don't be such an idiot, what these guys have accomplished is amazing.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
bootmii was always intended to work like this.
and you can use it to boot directly into hbc too. So you can use it to restore a banner brick as well

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Shut up and stop bitching. TT did all this for FREE and without them there would have never been any Twilight Hack

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BootMii doesn't slow down the bootup process. BootMii wins against preloader, period.

BootMii has a better brick prevention than preloader. If you mess the wrong part of your nand up with preloader installed, or the wrong IOS is deleted, you have a full brick. With BootMii, you can delete everything except boot1/boot2 from nand, and it would still be working.

But brick prevention isn't BootMii's only purpose, it's for running code without the need of an IOS, having full control of both processors. For now homebrew on the Wii is only toying around, with BootMii, it will eventually get serious. This might not have any effect on anything that is related to piracy from team twizzers' point of view, but i'm curious what's there to come.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bin01 said:
After months of wait we finally have it just to find IT DOESNT WORKS AS IT SHOULD, this is, a gui preloader 100% safe). I have been waiting for this... but now i cant find one reason to hail this.

A Nand backup? Why should a new hombrew user back up his nand? How many probabilities are there you can brick your console in a way you can only restore it by using a nand backup? Sure, it does the job as a last option when fixing a heavy brick, but as an instant "safety net" it fails, its useless for most of people cause as you know a boot1 user(most of them) wont be protected against the most common issue aka banner/region brick. So where is the 100% safety?

Men Im disappointed.... BootMii FAILS

It is 100% safety for those who can install to boot2, as you can survive pretty much ANY brick with it. IOS only installers.... not so much. It's still neat, and I'd like to see what new homebrew comes of it, but boot2 install is where it's at. I'm glad I got my Wii a long while ago, and fortunately, 3 of the 4 people I mod for all did, too.

SpAM_CAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BootMii is the FIRST EVOLUTION OF A CUSTOM FIRMWARE FOR WII.

Remember XBMC? Beta one of that sucked a little too, as no one had a chance to code anything for it.

BootMii is a step in the right direction, no doubt about that
biggrin.gif

AlexDP

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Alexrose said:
I didn't install preloader all this time because it's inconvenient, but now bootmii's here I feel like I can install wads and feel safe. On any system menu and under any circumstances. Don't be such an idiot, what these guys have accomplished is amazing.
I'm gonna second that (the last bit of the post).

bin01

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Most of people out there has boot1. What im saying is its designed for a relatevely small number of users, at least for now, yea of course when you install boot2 its the heaven and there is no doubt its better that preloader BUT the deal with bootmii is its IS SUPPOSED to load before anything else.... but what about those who can just install it as a shitty IOS...? it isnt fuctional for them, they keep watching the freaking warning screen just before the system menu... nothing happens I DOESNT DO WHAT I SHOULD FOR BOOT1 USERS dont you see it?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bin01 said:
Most of people out there has boot1. What im saying is its designed for a relatevely small number of users, at least for now, yea of course when you install boot2 its the heaven and there is no doubt its better that preloader BUT the deal with bootmii is its IS SUPPOSED to load before anything else.... but what about those who can just install it as a shitty IOS...? it isnt fuctional for them, they keep watching the freaking warning screen just before the system menu... nothing happens I DOESNT DO WHAT I SHOULD FOR BOOT1 USERS dont you see it?

[ ] You did understand what boot1, boot2 and BootMii are
[ ] You did understand that BootMii is more than booting before everything else

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Most of people out there has boot1.
No.
The boot1 fix came about halfway through 2008. Massive amounts of people bought their Wii console before then, the amount of people who have bought them since is obviously smaller. Plus, those who were keen enough to want to hack the Wii in this fashion are likely to have gotten their Wiis earlier. Besides, this is a beta, they're working on making it better for everybody. Now quit whining.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn