Hacking Does anyone want to help me figuring actor/object modifiers for Wind Waker (HD)?

CosmoCortney

Lawn Meower
OP
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
Hey,
I've been working on a documentation dedicated to Wind Waker (HD) Hacking (especially for cheat code based level edits).
But the amount of research is too much to do for one person :/
I need to determine descriptive names for over 800 objects (and later all their properties).
Is anyone interested in helping me?

You don't need to have any special knowledge.
What you need is everything to apply cheats on your Wii U (5.3.2fw, Wind Waker HD (NOT though Loadiine because locations in the RAM may be changed), TCP Gecko dNET and the required exploits).
OR Dolphin emulator and your GCN disc of Wind Waker being dumped. You can dump your GameCube games with USB Loader GX or Clean Rip.
It's recommended to use Dolphin though (see step 5)
  1. Go to http://cosmocortney.ddns.net/enzy/wind_waker_wiki_en.php
  2. Click the spoiler that says: "ID- & Value Table for object swaps and modifications"
  3. Copy and paste the address of the Post Box of your game into Notepad (GCN: PAL - 0437A6D0, USA - 043739F0, JPN - 04366E90, Wii U - 106EF318). (For Dolphin users, the address is already changed to the right code type (04))
  4. Check out which object has no description and paste its Index Value right the address (Wii U index values differ to the GCN ones). Example: Replace Post Box with tkrSlv: PAL - 0437A6D0 0127FF3E, USA - 043739F0 0127FF3E, JPN - 04366E90 0127FF3E, Wii U - 106EF318 0124FF3E.
  5. In the game you have to go into any location where NO post box can be found. Link's or Orca's house is recommended! Dolphin users can make a savestate here to save time if the game needs to be reloaded. Wii U users will have to restart their console. So I recommend using Dolphin.
  6. If you have decided to use Dolphin you have to add and enable the cheat code:
    1. Be sure cheats are enabled in the general settings
    2. Right click Wind Waker in your game list
    3. Click Properties and change to the AR Code tab
    4. Click on Add... and enter any code title and paste in the code to replace the post box. It should look like this:
      upload_2015-12-20_2-30-36.png
    5. Click OK and tick the code if not automatically ticked. (Some Dolphin builds were reported as unstable with cheats so it can be useful to additionally enable the code through the cheat manager)
    As a Wii U user:
    You simply need to poke the value ID of the aim object to address 106EF318 through the search tab as soon as you're in Link's house:
    upload_2015-12-20_2-52-36.png

7. Now go out off Link's house and tell me which value cause which effect. (EX: tkrSlv replaced the post box with xyz, tkrSlv caused a black screen, tkrSlv started a cutscene and or softloced the game)
Some IDs are identical, so there's no need figuring out the other one with the same ID. Same, when the first 4 hex digits are the same. 012F0400 will cause the same effect as 012F0100.

If an object was successfully replaced the result will be something like this:
Yswtr00.jpg

Thank you in advance!

If you have posted any useful results I will add your name to the bottom of the table on my site and will insert a Link to your website, Twitter, YT or anything you want, just let me know :)
Also let me know if you don't have any link or don't want to be mentioned at all

Zeldabro2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mkdan1 seems to be some falling wood that when you stand on it, it falls it can be found in Dragon roost cavern

Attachments

• 1465709811263.jpg
    1465709811263.jpg
    442.6 KB · Views: 302
Reactions: CosmoCortney

CosmoCortney

Lawn Meower
OP
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
thank you, this is great :)
would you also mind letting me knowing which ones cause freezes and spawn nothing?
Like: replaced post box with XXX and it spawned YYY/caused a freeze/nothing spawned

(Just to prevent other potential testers and myself from testing the same swaps. So we could skip this one or try replacing another object with it)

Last edited by CosmoCortney,

Zeldabro2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I replaced post boxes with 4kt and nothing spawned.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Replaced Post boxes with bable_r and its just a floating Skull head.

Zeldabro2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Replaced mall boxes with Pbka and got a ceiling fan.

Replace post boxes with Ho and got the teacher from windfall

Replaced post boxes With MK and got a Ivan

Replaced post boxes with Mt and got the guy who makes the figures in the Nintendo Gallery.

Replaced post boxes with Co1 and got The bird boy with the Orange pearl.

Replaced post boxes with Kg1
And got Salvatore.

Replaced post boxes with Tt
And got Tott the Elvis guy.

Replaced post boxes with Sa1
And got Loot.

Replaced post boxes with Sa2 And got Gummy.

Replaced post boxes with Sa3 And got Kane.

Replaced post boxes with Sa4 And got candy.

Replaced post boxes with Sa5 And got Dampa.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it okay to continue to help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: America ya~