ROM Hack Does anyone know where the microgame text is located in Warioware D.I.Y.'s files?

Supershape

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've figured out how to edit text in Warioware D.I.Y. but i haven't been able to find where any of the microgame/record/comic text data is. I've been able to locate everything else in the game's text files but unfortunately not any of those things. For clarification, I want to modify this through the text directly through file replacing instead of modifying the save file. If anyone knows the answer to this, please let me know.

sim_piko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, looooong-time lurker here (it's my first post on forums since joining in 2009, sooo... yea :/ )

If you decompress the rom (with, say, DSLazy or similar thing), look in these folders:
  • "data/E/G"(microgames),
  • "data/E/R"(records),
  • "data/E/M"(comics aka manga in JP).
First 256 bytes are an uncompressed header(first 8 bytes are LZ11-header stating "this part is not compressed" or something, i don't know technical wording for that).
The rest should be LZ11-compressed.

Total size of uncompressed file should be either: 65536 bytes for microgames, 14336 for comics or whooping 8192 for records.
If it's less than that, then the file is compressed. All microgames/records/comics in WWDIY rom are compressed.

source: my own WWDIY reverse-engineering shenanigans and observations.

Cheers,
Sim_Piko

Last edited by sim_piko,
Reactions: Ryccardo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked