1. Kallim

OP Kallim Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    This is probably a big ask...

But I'm wondering if there is a precompiled library of gct files? Making them is a long process and the auto download no longer works.

I'm not after any game in particular. I just want to put the files into the codes folder (I think usb loader already looks there). Then if I feel like using cheats I only theres a good chance I'll have the file.

These are not large files so could put loads of them into my SD precompiled. I know some cheats aren't compatible... but having the popular ones already in a folder seems like the way forward? (Unless anyone knows why not). Any help uploads zip file's etc would be greatly appreciated.

2. RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes GBAtemp Fan

United States
    https://gbatemp.net/attachments/codes-zip.188862/

These are not .gct format, they are .txt. They work for WiiFlow Lite and USB GX.

GX path...
    SD/txtcodes folder for .txt files
    SD/codes folder for .gct files

You can use default path or use GX path settings of your choice.

WFL path...
    SD/wiiflow/codes for .txt files
    SD/wiiflow/codes/gct for .gct files

To check/edit path for WFL... open wiiflow_lite.ini using notepad++, located in SD/apps/wiiflow.

Look for these lines...
    dir_cheat=SD:wiiflow/codes/gct
    dir_txtcheat=SD:/wiiflow/codes

You can configure so WFL and GX use the same path. Then using either loader, Ocarina will allow you to create your own cheat .gct, make sure Ocarina is set to on after you create/apply.

Good Luck.

jeannotte and alexander1970 like this.
  3. RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes GBAtemp Fan

United States
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/2t8dbqda8iadibu/Wii_Cheats.zip/file

I have updated the cheats .txt files here. Added all Virtual Console cheats I could find.
    Obviously, I have not tested everything here, but hopefully most/all are working, and please post results.
    I am curious if the NES, Neo, Genesis etc. are relevant/working. I made quite a few edits to GC cheat txt files and hope no problems.
    I used my MKW Wii cheat as primary, if you want the gecko instead, you'll have to change name of RMCE01_GECKO and delete the other.
    Lastly, I separated the cheat zip into two separate folders, all files are in "Wii All Cheats", the "Wii Console Cheats" folder is broken down by console.

Last edited by RunningSnakes, Jan 22, 2021
    Codemastershock and Kallim like this.
  4. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Cyprus
    Modmii classic has a cheat code downloader built in it, so that's another option, and it can download cheats for other consoles too not just the Wii. That being said, the current official release of modmii still points to geckocodes which has shut down, this is fixed in the latest ModMii beta which might still be a couple weeks away from a release, PM me if you want a link to the beta

Last edited by XFlak, Jan 22, 2021
    jeannotte and FrenezyFr like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - database, library, anyone