OP
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
does anybody know what ram this board uses,
and what the power box for it is I couldn't find anything (I didn't know where to look)
I mean I found these, but is there something cheaper? from amazon preferably.
it doesn't need a fan I'm gonna make my own cooling system. and will 2.5 sata hardrives work?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
no, i don't know this person named "(help)"

in fact i don't know if you can legally have that name...

type of ram? come on, just click on specifications...
fsafasfa.PNG

by power box do you mean power unit\PSU? the plug is the starndarm 24 pins, you can use any that exists, with a mininum watts that the whole thing uses, the watts that it uses depends mainly on the graphic card, and cpu, hdd etc.. what you plug to it... the mobo consumes little itself..

any Hard drive that uses the sata plug is fine, doesn't matter the physical size, however keep in mind that smaller drivers usually rotate at a slower speed.. but if you going to get a SSD, i don't know SSD with a size of 3.5'

btw you can use pcpartpicker.com select the parts and the site will tell you about compatibility issues

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
OP
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
no, i don't know this person named "(help)"

in fact i don't know if you can legally have that name...

type of ram? come on, just click on specifications...
View attachment 63397

by power box do you mean power unit\PSU? the plug is the starndarm 24 pins, you can use any that exists, with a mininum watts that the whole thing uses, the watts that it uses depends mainly on the graphic card, and cpu, hdd etc.. what you plug to it... the mobo consumes little itself..

any Hard drive that uses the sata plug is fine, doesn't matter the physical size, however keep in mind that smaller drivers usually rotate at a slower speed.. but if you going to get a SSD, i don't know SSD with a size of 3.5'

btw you can use pcpartpicker.com select the parts and the site will tell you about compatibility issues
Thank you I know it says it on there, I meant do you guys know any good Ram cards for it, I found these.
also It says it supports windows7, will windows 10, or Linux work?

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thank you I know it says it on there, I meant do you guys know any good Ram cards for it, I found these.
also It says it supports windows7, will windows 10, or Linux work?
the tag saying "supports windows7" is just advertsing... just means they developed drivers and etc to support that "new" OS but you can install what OS you want.
not sure if the board has uefi, but it's not required, my computer is 7 years old, it was "vista ready" when the board come out and it's running windows 10

i got thoose xfury ram for 2 pc that i built, i love them..

Last edited by migles,

DeoNaught

OP
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for these answers,
what else will I need?
I have Keyboard/mouse,
it says it has lan, but I don't see Bluetooth, know any good Bluetooth adapters(don't have to know them personally)?
ok so in amazon I put in Power unit 125W, all I get are Processors.
this board has a processor right? any good cooling technique for cooling probably not water cooling,

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what else will I need?
I have Keyboard/mouse,
it says it has lan, but I don't see Bluetooth, know any good Bluetooth adapters(don't have to know them personally)?
this board has a processor right? any good cooling technique for cooling probably not water cooling,
Your cpu and case will most likely come with default fans which should work fine for cooling. I've used a RocketFish bluetooth adapter for years, and it works fine. Honestly though, anything with decent reviews (don't buy a crappy $4 one from china) will work.

I highly recommend you put all your parts into this site: https://pcpartpicker.com/
It tells you if they are all compatible or not. It works pretty well, but it isn't perfect, especially with things like physical size (like does it all fit in your case) so it would be even better if you had a friend with experience building computers to double check everything.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
what else will I need?
I have Keyboard/mouse,
use the website that i gave you, and that deboog mentioned again, it will be really handy...

the psu you can get from 400 wats up to 1000 or even more...
125 watts is what your cpu will probably use... you need more for the whole thing...

get a 450 watts or a 500 watts if you will get a cheap graphic card
go up to 600 if you spend a lot of money on the graphic card

use the website that i gave you, it tells you estimates of watts the set will require

keep in mind that motherboard already got an internal graphic card, if you are not going to play games, you can use that one..

i don't know a desktop motherboard with bluethoot, you can buy a cheap usb dongle..
some motherboards already got wireless LAN, some do have the slot to install the wireless lan card, and there are loads of motherboard without wireless lan at all, which you either get a usb dongle or a pci card in case you are interested...

you seem to don't know anything about pc bulding, i would ask you to get help from someone who knows something about this, so you don't screw up a part/or the whole thing)

if the cooler doesn't have you probably need to put termal paste, in my first pc build i fucked up and squeezed too much paste into the cpu, the paste got between the cpu and the board, it was a pain to clean that 200 bucks piece that just had been purchased...

it will be a pain in the ass to mount the mobo in the atx (it's hard to align the connections part to the back of the atx)

really, ask for help, if you ruin that equipment most likely you will denied for refunds since they were damage...

PS: if you get a 2.5 drive, maybe it will not fit the case, some cases got an area for a 2.5 hard drive...
the only issue in getting a 2.5 is physical...

also, some atx cases already come with a PSU (power unit)
you can get an atx case and PSU already installed for 50 bucks

Last edited by migles,

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a 750 watt semi-modular psu. They come with ports to plug power cables into so you won't need those molex adapters. Make sure your psu is 80+ bronze rating or more. Do not buy generic or you will have a bad time and most likely blow up your pc. Get a corsair air h80i v2 liquid cooler. They're all in one already set up and will keep your temps cooler than any fan ever could. Mine runs my cpu at 90F on full load (8 core 8320e cpu).if you're not going to cheap it on the graphics card, go for a gtx 1060 or 1070/1080 or the Radeon RX 480 8gb, they may cost a bit, but they'll be your best friend for gaming. Only apply thermal paste the size of a grain of rice, that stuff expands.

DeoNaught

OP
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If you absolutely insist on using an Athlon (aka you're on a pretty extreme budget) then I recommend going with the x4 860K. Otherwise, I recommend using a different motherboard and getting an FX 8300
thank you, but ive been thinking... I think I'm going to start with an old computer, install win10, or Linux, and then install more, and new ram
upgrade Cpu, and probably new grafix card, also Does Debian support Steam?
So on my old computer I have it taken apart already, I'm going to format one of the hardrives (maybe both) does it matter? I'm going to install a new os anyways, I don't need anything from
the computer hardrives.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you, but ive been thinking... I think I'm going to start with an old computer, install win10, or Linux, and then install more, and new ram
upgrade Cpu, and probably new grafix card, also Does Debian support Steam?
So on my old computer I have it taken apart already, I'm going to format one of the hardrives (maybe both) does it matter? I'm going to install a new os anyways, I don't need anything from
the computer hardrives.
Yeah you could use the hard drives with the new computer. And yes, most (all?) linux distros support Steam

DeoNaught

OP
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you could use the hard drives with the new computer. And yes, most (all?) linux distros support Steam
no, I'm not gonna get the new computer yet. I'm going to "refresh" the old computer by giving more, and new ram, New CPU, grafix card,
does it matter what CPU, and grafix card I use. ill try to give you guys the specs of the old computer this weekend.
Also I'm going to format one of the hardrives(maybe both) from the computer does it matter? I'm going to install a new os anyways, I don't need anything from
the computer hardrives.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Ok so I did the Pcpicker and I think I'm might go with this.
I'm not sure about the CPU though
28 bucks for the processor? someone please tell me this processor is equivalent to a pentium 4...
i never dealed with AMD, always intel..
a recent i3 is about 100 bucks. i wouldn't purcahse a processor for 30 bucks.. i find the value so low i would regret it on the first day

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, I'm not gonna get the new computer yet. I'm going to "refresh" the old computer by giving more, and new ram, New CPU, grafix card,
does it matter what CPU, and grafix card I use. ill try to give you guys the specs of the old computer this weekend.
Also I'm going to format one of the hardrives(maybe both) from the computer does it matter? I'm going to install a new os anyways, I don't need anything from
the computer hardrives.
Oh. I see, then. Is the motherboard in your part list the one that's actually in your system currently? If so, then yes, you're stuck with the Athlon lineup. As I said before, start with the x4 860. It's a very entry level processor but it has a good price/performance ratio. For graphics, you're less limited, just get whatever current/last gen single card you can afford. And no, it shouldn't matter if you reformat the hard drives

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hey @migles have you built a gaming from an old computer at all?
I would have to just replace stuff right.

if you plan for gaming, i really wouldn't get a cpu for 30 bucks...
get yourself an i5.. it's about 150-200 bucks but really worth it... already comes with the stock fan, since you are new you wouldn't do overclocking... you can get a good fan later if it's needed...
get ddr4 sticks (16 is enough, you can get only 8 if you want to save money and try to see if it's enough for your use) (protip, thoose x fury are great, but get the ddr4 ones)
a cheap mobo. compatible with the ddr4 sticks (and cpu) this costs about 50
psu, i never had issues with cheap ones, get a 600 watts one, or 800 (if you plan to spend extra on the GPU)

the GPU i would get a good nvidea one... i just like nvidea over ati\amd, got better experience with them...

i know this is kinda costy, but trust me, it's worth...

if you gonna do light gaming, and short on money you can use the inbuilt graphics (the cpu got a part that acts like a graphic card, the motherboard most likely will have an hdmi or vga port)
until you are ready to invest on the graphic card and hardcore gaming..

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you plan for gaming, i really wouldn't get a cpu for 30 bucks...
get yourself an i5.. it's about 150-200 bucks but really worth it... already comes with the stock fan, since you are new you wouldn't do overclocking... you can get a good fan later if it's needed...
get ddr4 sticks (16 is enough, you can get only 8 if you want to save money and try to see if it's enough for your use) (protip, thoose x fury are great, but get the ddr4 ones)
a cheap mobo. compatible with the ddr4 sticks (and cpu) this costs about 50
psu, i never had issues with cheap ones, get a 600 watts one, or 800 (if you plan to spend extra on the GPU)

the GPU i would get a good nvidea one... i just like nvidea over ati\amd, got better experience with them...

i know this is kinda costy, but trust me, it's worth...

if you gonna do light gaming, and short on money you can use the inbuilt graphics (the cpu got a part that acts like a graphic card, the motherboard most likely will have an hdmi or vga port)
until you are ready to invest on the graphic card and hardcore gaming..
Anything equivalent to an i3 is more than enough for gaming as long as it's clocked near 4 GHz.

He can't get DDR4 if he's upgrading his current AMD rig

Reactions: migles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol