Hacking Does anybody have a 11.2 Crtransfer?

munchy_cool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty sure firm patches are already setup on 2.1 a9lh, so a normal update will work and will keep a9lh setup, feel free to wait for confirmation though, but im almost certain i have do so before
yeah, my bad ..we cant update from 2.1 using system settings on a n3ds ..

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
pretty sure firm patches are already setup on 2.1 a9lh, so a normal update will work and will keep a9lh setup, feel free to wait for confirmation though, but im almost certain i have done so before

Ninja'd :P
Don't think luma3ds boots on 2.1; maybe the [3.0 - 4.5] firmware.bin works with 2.1 as well

iron_man99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is like the 4th instance I've seen in two days of people "forgetting" to back up before downgrading to 2.1. At this point, @Plailect could put a 72pt red flashing banner saying "BACK UP YOUR SYSNAND BEFORE DOWNGRADING TO 2.1" on the guide and it wouldn't help.
Or the creator of decrypt9 forces you to do a nand backup if it doesnt detect any file names for the nand dumps and tells you on the 3ds its for your own good :)

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Or the creator of decrypt9 forces you to do a nand backup if it doesnt detect any file names for the nand dumps and tells you on the 3ds its for your own good :)
If Decrpt9 can't detect SD free space & determinr NAND size, force option will end up in the brick if the user doesn't check the NAND back up file.

iron_man99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Decrpt9 can't detect SD free space & determinr NAND size, force option will end up in the brick if the user doesn't check the NAND back up file.
Wouldnt you just code in a check for the amount of freespace compared to the size of a regular nand size and either cancel the nand backup or ask the user to free up some space/get a bigger sd card

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Wouldnt you just code in a check for the amount of freespace compared to the size of a regular nand size and either cancel the nand backup or ask the user to free up some space/get a bigger sd card
Since I never developing 3DS homebrew, I'm not sure, That's why I said if it can't detect free space, this option can cause a brick.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is like the 4th instance I've seen in two days of people "forgetting" to back up before downgrading to 2.1. At this point, @Plailect could put a 72pt red flashing banner saying "BACK UP YOUR SYSNAND BEFORE DOWNGRADING TO 2.1" on the guide and it wouldn't help.
Lmfao, I don't understand how some people can say the program messed up, not them, then threads go like:

Them: "I followed the guide to the T, it still messed up. Decrypt/hourglass9 bricked my console!"
you: "OK, you can restore your nand with a backup"
Them: "Didn't make one"

Guide step 1:
Make a sysnand backup with decrypt9

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But if he did that, peple would start complaining "its not working" because they renamed their backups

SahierKHLover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmfao, I don't understand how some people can say the program messed up, not them, then threads go like:

Them: "I followed the guide to the T, it still messed up. Decrypt/hourglass9 bricked my console!"
you: "OK, you can restore your nand with a backup"
Them: "Didn't make one"

Guide step 1:
Make a sysnand backup with decrypt9
seriously how stupid can ppl get I mean there were multiple incedents at my class and ppl are coming to me saying they bricked their 3ds and stuff (they come to me as I pretty much showed them how to get free games and guided them) and gbatemp got them here dang PPL ShOULD REALLY READ ABOUT CFW AND DOWNGRADING BEFORE THEY ACTUALLY DO IT SO THEY HAVE AN UNDERSTANDING ON HOW TO DO IT

Reactions: nechigawara

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seriously how stupid can ppl get I mean there were multiple incedents at my class and ppl are coming to me saying they bricked their 3ds and stuff (they come to me as I pretty much showed them how to get free games and guided them) and gbatemp got them here dang PPL ShOULD REALLY READ ABOUT CFW AND DOWNGRADING BEFORE THEY ACTUALLY DO IT SO THEY HAVE AN UNDERSTANDING ON HOW TO DO IT
+1 to that XD

I always find it better to mod your own console rather then have someone else do it so you know firsthand how to not fk anything up

Reactions: SahierKHLover

SahierKHLover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1 to that XD

I always find it better to mod your own console rather then have someone else do it so you know firsthand how to not fk anything up
ikr but you know when your best friend got in to it you want to make sure he doesn't screw up his stuff so you do it for him/her

Reactions: Sketchy1

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ikr but you know when your best friend got in to it you want to make sure he doesn't screw up his stuff so you do it for him/her
Lol I would just do it for them, and link the guide and force them to read it, to show what I did and how to avoid screw ups. Usually the guide will tell you what not to do anyway.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
technically I am one of those ppl but I knew what I was doing mid-way (I thank god I didn't mess up in the beginning) but I mean I read a lot of threads to make sure how to do it
Atleast you know what you're trying to do. Following without understanding can make a mistake and, Boom, Bricked.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly, the guide is really well written, I mean I don't think it could be clearer, but nonetheless, it is a very complicated process that requires attention to detail and rechecking every step before you move on. I consider myself fairly adept at this stuff and I made one (minor) mistake despite being really careful (forgot to rename rename Hourglass9.bin and spent 1/2 hour rebooting while holding start and nothing happening).

I wonder if there needs to be a clearer, more severe warning on the front page of the guide, something like "If this is your first softmod, don't let it be your first softmod"?

I think it's far and away the most complicated softmod I've done, including Infinity on the PSP and putting a >320GB HDD in my original XBOX. Yes, it is 99.9% safe and foolproof if you take your time and read every word, but clearly a lot of people aren't doing that.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I wonder if there needs to be a clearer, more severe warning on the front page of the guide, something like "If this is your first softmod, don't let it be your first softmod"?
I disagree. This is perhaps the perfect first softmod in my opinion, as you will have a virtually zero chance of anything going wrong as long as you follow the guide to the letter. If people are unable to read a guide, think that they can skip steps when they want, or aren't going to pay close attention when messing around with their console on any level, then maybe they shouldn't be fooling around with CFW of any kind.

In my mind there should be a big red banner at the very start that says "You must follow every applicable step of this guide to the letter. If you do not, you may brick!"

Last edited by Xiphiidae,
Reactions: Majickhat55

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY