Does a9lh make the homebrew launcher lag?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Trinitro21, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Trinitro21
    OP

Trinitro21 Backslash!

Oct 14, 2015
    Userland
    When getting into homebrew from a9lh via the homebrew menu CIA or even menuhax, it takes about a minute to load for me. When booting from another 3DS without a9lh, it takes less than a second.
    Why would this be?

DrakeLyon likes this.
  2. DrakeLyon

DrakeLyon Console Perfectionist

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Alabama
    I've been wondering about this myself, but I was only assuming it was the new Homebrew Launcher update Smealum made

3. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    I doubt it can have any effect, as once you've booted into CFW from A9LH, it's no longer running at all. On my N3DS running A9LH emuNAND, the HB launcher CIA runs as fast as it ever did when I still used menuhax. Note that I use Mashers' grid launher though, so if you're having lag problems with smea's, you might want to try the grid launcher to see if the issue persists. If it persists, it might be an issue with your SD card, or the 3DS itself somehow (do other games and programs run slowly?).

4. Trinitro21
    OP

Trinitro21 Backslash!

Oct 14, 2015
    Userland
    I'm having the same problem with both launchers. When I load up either launcher from browserhax, menuhax, or the hblauncher cia, I see the usual junk on both screens, but then the screen goes black for about 1 minute before displaying the menu. This doesn't happen with my other n3DS, which uses menuhax to get into cfw and also has the *hax 2.6 payloads.

5. Sumea

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Aug 16, 2008
    Finland
    Turku
    All I can tell is HBlauncher is always been somewhat laggy on O3DS

6. Mistie

Mistie Legit Furry Trash

Jan 20, 2016
    Canada
    Hyrule
    Are you running NTR with the clock speed changed? This seems to cause HBL lag for me.

7. Trinitro21
    OP

Trinitro21 Backslash!

Oct 14, 2015
    Userland
    No, I'm not running NTR with this.