Gaming DOA - Dimensions age rating

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 8 year old son loved the DOA demo and wants the full game. Do you think the game content is ok for an 8 year old?

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
:rofl2:
er..not really
some of the costumes are quite...
u5ABL.gif

as well as some minor alchol refrences from one character, also in one scene a guy named Hayabusa b**ch slaps a girl named Kasumi so....yeah
Your call

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I was 8 I was playing Mortal Kombat and I turned out just fine. Early exposure to violence in a video game won't mess your kid up. If he likes it, let him play it. Get your kids gaming early so they can have nostalgic games too

BoxmanWTF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
When I was 8 I was playing Mortal Kombat and I turned out just fine. Early exposure to violence in a video game won't mess your kid up. If he likes it, let him play it. Get your kids gaming early so they can have nostalgic games too
I don't think Violence is the issue for DoA

@OP the game even got banned in some countries for having underage characters in those kinds of costumes

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lets see what it says on the box....
Rated T.
According to ESRB, T rating means it's suitable for ages 13+.
(http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp)

Of course, it's only a guideline. Who wouldn't let their child play a game involving scantly clad women?

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was more how provocative the game got. The violence aspect isn't any worse than some of the other games he has. It was more the sex and violence combination that may have been an issue.

Giratina3

Official Lilac of GBATemp
Trophies
XP
Country
My 8 year old son loved the DOA demo and wants the full game. Do you think the game content is ok for an 8 year old?
The age rating is 12, go by that logic.
It's a fantastic game, but it might be too mature...as the physics on breasts are rather jiggly...
But who knows... maybe the child won't mind.

BoxmanWTF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
It was more how provocative the game got. The violence aspect isn't any worse than some of the other games he has. It was more the sex and violence combination that may have been an issue.
Sex? I'm quite sure there are no such scenes, the closest it ever got was a girl in a shower while a dude went snooping through her cellphone, and even then you didn't see the girl

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sex? I'm quite sure there are no such scenes, the closest it ever got was a girl in a shower while a dude went snooping through her cellphone, and even then you didn't see the girl
I meant sexual reference or provocative in nature. I realise there would be no direct sexual act in the game!

BoxmanWTF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
I meant sexual reference or provocative in nature. I realise there would be no direct sexual act in the game!
Well then you have nothing to worry about :D other than the clothes, google is your friend for that if you wanna see them in depth
u5ABL.gif

Actually This is a better site for that

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest I would say whether DoA is appropriate for your son, depends on his level of maturity towards relatively mild bouncing tits. I imagine you can judge him on that better than we do.

Reactions: 7 people

X_XSlashX_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing GTA killing hookers, cops and stuff when I was 10 and I turned out just fine. If he likes playing then I don't see the harm. Yes some of the outfits may be a lil revealing but when we were 8 years old did we really care about the outfits women wore and what we saw? I sure didn't

X_XSlashX_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when we were 8 years old did we really care about the outfits women wore and what we saw? I sure didn't

I did. I'm not even trying to make a joke as well. I have so many fetishes, I'm unable to implement all of them into one wank fantasy.

Well okay I get it your a horny bastard. But the point I'm trying to make is if he enjoys it then let him play it. I mean virtual boobs and butt aren't gonna hurt anyone. Might make him into a perv when he's older but most of us are and that's ok.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the question here should be if you think he's going to make anything out of it. If you think he's gonna be all like "LOL BEWBZ HUR HUR FEELS GUD MAN" about it then use your parental judgement. All I know is I didn't give two shits about chicks jiggling tits when I was 8, abd if you REALLY are the concerned about it chances are neither is your son.

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are worse games your child can be playing and DOA is definitely not one of them. Simple fighting game and i see no harm in it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol