Do you think there will be other 3DS flashcards?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Enchilada, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Enchilada
    OP

Enchilada GBAtemp Regular

Jul 3, 2013
    Romania
    Hyrule
    I don't know if I should wait for a clone/another flashcard to be released or just buy a Gateway 3DS.

What do you think? Is it possible?

2. porkiewpyne

porkiewpyne Report-er

Global Moderator
    Jun 8, 2008
    Australia
    The best/most accurate answer you'll get is "We don't know."

Is it possible? Sure.

Will it happen? No idea. Anything said is will just be mere speculation at best.

3. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    Please consult the nearest magic 8 ball. Any answer it gives you will be just as accurate as one you'll get from people on this site.

naved.islam14 likes this.
  4. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    I'm sure that there will be clones/ copies of the GW3DS. It's such a big market for R4 clones and I believe that every active team will be interested in the 3DS mode. There won't be many DS mode fans when 3DS flashcards are spread.
    I man, who wants to have a GBA flashcard today (and wants to pay much for it).

5. porkiewpyne

porkiewpyne Report-er

Global Moderator
    Jun 8, 2008
    Australia
    Pretty sure there are quite a few. Remember that time when EZ Flash IV was discontinued? You suddenly find more people asking about it on the forums. That said, given how this sorta does what conventional DS flashcarts already do, there might be a slight decrease in demand for those.

6. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    Maybe not, but I guarantee manufacturers are at least examining how they can replicate Gateway results and get a piece of the action with a cheaper and/or better card

7. luigi90210

luigi90210 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2013
    United States
    San Diego, California
    maybe there will be clones, maybe there will be CFW, maybe nintendo blocks everything after crapping their pants in the 7.0 update

only time will be able to tell...