Do you think I should be allowed a phone?

Phone or not?

• Y

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got my first phone when I was 14, it was my birthday gift. It was a shit phone, but to be honest it was pretty good for it's time considering none of my friends had cell-phones.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
TDWP FTW said:
If you can pay for the phone and the monthly bill, it shouldn't be a problem. But, think, do you REALLY need a cell phone? I'm 18, and while I want one, I don't need one, so I'm not going to buy a phone and spend $30+ a month for service.

QUOTE(Nathan Drake @ Jun 5 2011, 12:53 AM) I'm 17 and have yet to own my own cellphone, primarily because my parents wouldn't be able to pay for a plan, and aren't willing to get me a no contract cellphone for one reason or another.

After awhile, you just stop caring. I've used my friend's phones more than a few times, and I don't get why people like them so much.

These. I have no need for a phone either. I have a shitty one (it was free) which I NEVER use, only there in case of an emergency. I don't really see the need. People spend like £400 on the latest phone every year. For the same price I could get a gaming PC that would last 5 years (which i can e-mail / facebook people from)

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
I got my first cell at 17, mainly because i actually needed it. I don't get kids now-a-day's you're under 13 year's old you aren't going anywhere by yourself that you will need a cell to call your parents or whatever. I also seriously doubt that you will need it to call your bf/gf you're just too young for those kind of stuff. A home phone should be sufficient enough to call your friends or whatsoever...If you're spending your own money well that's really up to you if you're actually gonna use it.

Frogman

This could be you!
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
Hey sop,
You can get a vodafone prepaid flip thing for $29 from coles. I work there so I know
smile.gif

Try and go for the 365 day prepaid plan, it will probably work best for you. It dosnt expire for a year.

Nirraic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sop said:
I need a phone. I can pay for one myself, but my mother always says no when I ask her. People are always asking me "what's your phone number?" and it's embarrassing to tell them I don't have one.

I don't have a mobile phone and I'm 17, if you don't have a proper use for one there is no point in getting one if its just to chat with friends use facebook, MSN or something along those lines, or if you need people to contact you use your land line or e-mail, you can get by in this world with out a mobile.

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I use the phone mainly because college. Its easier to find someone this way. I don't need a smartphone, just something I can use to call.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should be "allowed"
But you don't "need" one unless you go out often or have a lot of people to talk to...

Honestly, I'm 16 and I'm not even allowed to have a Cell. Well, if I pay for it I can, but there are better things to buy!

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Since you're 12 you don't really need one at all (still in primary school grade 7)? Although I'd see a small need for it if you're 13~ in a new school (grade 8 or something), but only a cheap little prepaid phone in case of emergency for commuting and what not.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sop said:
I need a phone. I can pay for one myself, but my mother always says no when I ask her. People are always asking me "what's your phone number?" and it's embarrassing to tell them I don't have one.

Lmfao you don't need one.

Hell anybody under 16 (working age) shouldn't have one. It should be law.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm a highschool freshmen (9th grade) and I got my brother's old cell phone, mainly due to after-school activities; I have to notify my mom on when to come pick me up.

Even so, I never use my cell phone to text or chat about worthless matters (like those text replies that says 'lol' PERIOD), just to waste our/our parent's money. I only use it on important matters. You won't need a cell phone, unless you have something worth to do with it.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to have a really good reason for needing a phone. Saying that you want a phone because you feel embarrassed about telling them that you don't have one? It sounds a little weird to me.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
No.
I'm 16 (17 this year) and I rarely use mine, apart from a few calls/texts about school stuff. People who use their phones for pointless chatter (seriously, who gives a crap about your dog sprouting wings from its back) have either too much (of parent's) money or time to waste.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
LOL, I don't think that my comment will be that rational since in our country, EVERYONE has a fucking phone. Hell, I have an autistic 10 year old cousin that has a phone. That's because here, no one ever uses plans, and that's because prepaid load is extremely cheap here. So basically, load a bit, maybe activate a promo if it's available (there's a shit ton of these) and you're basically set for the whole day.

I got a cheap, old Nokia phone when I was ten (I'm using an old Blackberry Pearl now) and it was pretty useful a lot of times.

Rockstar said:
Normally a 12 year old should but since you are Sop.. im not sure
Sop outside of the internet isn't as bad as one might think he is.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
KingdomBlade said:
LOL, I don't think that my comment will be that rational since in our country, EVERYONE has a fucking phone.
believe it or not. i don't have one. and i don't plan on buying one.

KingdomBlade said:
QUOTE(Rockstar @ Jun 5 2011, 02:48 PM) Normally a 12 year old should but since you are Sop.. im not sure
Sop outside of the internet isn't as bad as one might think he is.
i agree. if a person wants a phone, and some people wants him to have a phone too. as long as it won't be a problem for other people, it's okay for him to do what he wants.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson