Hardware Do you still want a new game pad for the nx?

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I split instead of edit because of new info not related to previous posts:

[0024] FIG. 2 illustrates select example components of the game console 102 and the supplemental computing device 104 from FIG. 1. The game console 102 may take the form of any suitable type of computing device, e.g., mobile, semi-mobile, semi-stationary, or stationary. Some examples of a game console may include a "dedicated game console" in which the sole or primary purpose is to cause output (e.g., visually and audibly) of games for play by a user, potentially with use of a remote control, but potentially without. The game console may include its own display and/or be configured to be easily connected to external displays like televisions and projectors. In other instances, game consoles may take the form of tablet computing devices, smart phones or mobile communication devices, laptops, netbooks and other portable computers or semi-portable computers, desktop computing devices, terminal computing devices and other semi-stationary or stationary computing devices, wearable computing devices, or other body-mounted computing devices, or other computing devices capable of sending communications and performing the functions according to the techniques described herein.

this is part of patent United States Patent Application 20150343306

if that is related to NX then"GameBoyNext" and "VirtualBoyNext" could be reality.
also they could stream from "NXhub" to wiiu gamepads or tvs cloud gaming (virtual console as service?).
also this open QoL devices as wearable devices sending info on the cloud for computing and analisys.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

It would be wise for Nintendo to not make the same mistake twice. In the event Nintendo wants to make a GamePad 2.0 then sell it separately and entirely optional so only some or a few will get it while the majority will stick to the traditional controller.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

With the new NX patent, I'd like to see a portable gamepad.
They could also allow the users to stream the content to their tablets (with a physical controller optionally needed) if it's capable which it should. Type of stuff the GamePad does and did was nothing that any real tablet couldn't handle, in fact, it would've done better (screen quality for one).

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Actually a Controller/Game-pad with an extra screen is in my opinion rather stupid as you cannot concentrate on two screens at the same time !
Everything you cannot control without looking at your hands is really bad ;)

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Actually a Controller/Game-pad with an extra screen is in my opinion rather stupid as you cannot concentrate on two screens at the same time !
Everything you cannot control without looking at your hands is really bad ;)
This was my issue with Sonic Lost World because back then I didn't know I was supposed to look down at the GamePad so despite the icon appearing I'd just keep on playing and then learned to play it as I went along. Not very intuitive at all. Mario Kart 8's map eventually got optionally added to the TV so the more they start to exclude the GamePad the better.

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
And If they partnership again with Panasonic?
I mean for example a TV with incorporated "nx hub" to stream a virtual console paid service letting people pair pro controllers or wiiu gamepads or even KB and mouse for miiverse?
They did already in the past ex.snes and they continued to renew patent on embedded GBA emulators...

S

Saiyan Lusitano

And If they partnership again with Panasonic?
I mean for example a TV with incorporated "nx hub" to stream a virtual console paid service letting people pair pro controllers or wiiu gamepads or even KB and mouse for miiverse?
They did already in the past ex.snes and they continued to renew patent on embedded GBA emulators...
Miiverse? If Ninty doesn't change how they treat that social community then it's doomed to die out, not to mention that 30 posts per day is ridiculous (I rarely use it but still).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly