Do you prefer Bedrock or Java Minecraft?

Bedrock Minecraft or Java

• Java

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • Bedrock

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
With the two different versions of Minecraft available on PC--one of which being the crossplay compatible, easy to jump into, more stable Bedrock, or Java, which has so many mods that you could never dare count them all--which one do you prefer?

Java Edition:

• Customize your own skin – You can download any skin online or make your own and upload it to use in game!
  • PC only – Java Edition will run on Windows, MacOS, and Linux
  • Mods – Download community made mods to change your gameplay experience
  • Resource Intensive – Java Edition requires higher computer specifications to run smoothly
  • No Cross-Play – Java Edition users can only play with other Java users
  • Community – There are countless online servers and communities with all kinds of variations and mods to change up the multiplayer experience

Bedrock Versions: Bedrock refers to any current non-Java Edition of the game.

• Multi-Platform – You can play Bedrock Editions on Minecraft console, mobile and PC
  • Marketplace – Add-Ons or Skin packs can be purchased from the marketplace to change your gameplay experience
  • Cross-Play – Bedrock players can play with any other Bedrock player online
  • Runs Smooth – Bedrock Edition does not require powerful computers or devices to run and will often run more smoothly than Java Edition
  • Controls – Bedrock Edition has the option to switch to a controller for movement or touch controls if on a mobile device
  • Moderation and Parental Controls – Since Bedrock Editions are connected to Xbox’s services the online experience is more heavily moderated and parental controls can be finer tuned

And, if you still play Minecraft, would you have interest in picking it back up to play with your fellow GBAtemp users? :toot:

D

Deleted User

the features java offer are still far above what bedrock offers, like a set view distance slider, while bedrock has a dynamic one that scales with hardware
and for some reason higher render distances punt graphics cards way harder on bedrock than it does on java

you can also have shaders on java without REQUIRING an RTX card

Reactions: KokoseiJ

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Being that I am a Linux user, I pretty much only use Java. I have used Bedrock on my phone, tablet, Switch, and through an unofficial launcher for Linux but I am just more used to Java at this point.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't imagine most people here'd choose Bedrock over Java. On a site filled with the modder type, with a decent amount of dedicated PC users? Yeah.

But my pick's Bedrock. It runs much better on lower end PCs, and crossplay with users on mobile and console has come in handy multiple times. Java's cool, but Bedrock just works better for me.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm more used to Java, and I prefer the available mods, hands down.

But Bedrock is just so much nicer. I just wish they'd finally get mod support really going for it...

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I like bedrock better, mostly because of crossplay and the achievments.
It's fun playing on the switch with a friend of mine, but goddamn, the starting menu crashes to many times while trying to load my windows char.

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I've been playing minecraft since when the bedrock edition wasn't a thing- really. it was somewhere in 2012. - and I've also been playing on PC most of my life. Of course I played PE a lot too as a kid, but when they released the Windows 10 version of Minecraft... It just felt so off to me. the only pros I could see from that was being able to play with PE players, but that's all. I played it for few minutes, went "Nah, I ain't playing like this." and switched to Java edition.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly prefer Java, even though it hurts me sometimes thinking how smooth Bedrock is on my PC, it's not worth the lack of choices for people that want to mod and just take advantage of the massive ecosystem of content for Java.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Java is just better in every way but Bedrock is fine too as long as you don't need anything beyond vanilla. It's nice that you can play the mobile version with people on other platforms.
I like bedrock better, mostly because of crossplay and the achievments.
It's fun playing on the switch with a friend of mine, but goddamn, the starting menu crashes to many times while trying to load my windows char.
Java has achievements too. They're confined to within the game but they still count.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

1B51004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i had the ability to run it smoothly to, I would choose java. The switch version is... mediocre at best and a laggy, buggy mess at worst. I can't imagine how the other versions run
(also where's my boi legacy edition?)

Crazynoob458

That Reshiram
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i actually like both
i got java arounf 2016 - 17 and stuff
java is really good for mods and in a nutshell fell more minecrafty
bedrock is good when my sister wants to play with me (me on pc and my sister on xbox) and for better fps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person